Dominic Monaghan Drops Another Uncharted 4 Hint

Another none-too-subtle hint?

3w13W54

“Just hangin. #naughtydog #becurious” tweeted former Hobbit, X-Man and Lost star Dominic Monaghan, along with a picture of himself at the Naughty Dog offices.

Not exactly news but you may recall an interview Dominic gave quite recently in which he mentioned Uncharted 4.

“I’ll always stay focused on the gaming world and see what’s coming up,” he said. ”The new Uncharted I’m really excited to see how that’s going to be and obviously both new gaming systems.”

Now it could be that Naughty Dog saw the tweet and invited Dominic over to see Uncharted 4, which means Uncharted 4 exists. It could be that Dominic was dropping a subtle hint that he is in the game, in which case Uncharted 4 is a thing, or it could be Uncharted 4 doesn’t exist and Dominic paid a visit to Naughty Dog to look at a blank screen.

Draw your own conclusions.

Source:  Twitter  via NeoGAF

1. scavenga

If there’s an Uncharted 4,that is of course good news.
    If Monaghan is in it, I hope the character doesn’t bear his likeness, as he tends to put me off whatever I se him in.

I cheered when Charlie drowned in Lost, to put it like that.

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 11:32.
    • Kovacs

NOT PENNY’S BOAT!

*gurgle*

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 11:32.
      • scavenga

LOLol

*high five*

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 12:05.
    • Bambo_19
      Since: Dec 2011

Ah man i fucking loved charlie :’(. Bust seriously hope their is a next gen uncharted. I can only imagine how amazing it would look!

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 14:32.
      • KeRaSh

#TeamCharlie

Comment posted on 07/10/2013 at 09:12.
  2. DJ Judas
    Epic

He looks happy, I bet he’s about to be served second breakfast.

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 11:39.
  3. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

Lets just hope Drake’s next adventure isn’t into the uncharted territories of the shire in search of a certain ring. That’s a golden ring, not a hobbits!

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 11:41.
  4. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

DONT READ THIS IF YOU AINT PLAYED UC3 SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don’t want another UC game please let it die, but if they was to make another one there is a question unanswered from UC3, what is drakes real name since Nathan drake isn’t?

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 11:47.
    • dave87fez
      Since: May 2011

So you don’t want another Uncharted but you want answers to unfinished business from the last one? ;op

That single sentence to which you refer has convinced me since that Naughty Dog have always had plans for a future Drake game/games. And was I the only one who thought 3 was the best of the bunch?

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 12:27.
      • Taylor Made
        Since: Oct 2011

lol UC is one of those games you don’t want anymore but deep down you still would go buy it. As for UC3 being the best of the bunch, I think UC2 is by far the best then UCGA

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 13:20.
      • Kovacs

It’s generally felt that Uncharted 2 was better than Uncharted 3. The technical leap from 1 -> 2 just wasn’t there going to 3. Though that’s not to say there weren’t new technical achievements. They just didn’t have the same impact on the player as 2′s did.

The story in 2 was also better.

But, to each their own.

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 14:40.
  5. Adam Garrett
    Community Manager

Why is he wearing Tuffcub’s clothes?

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 11:47.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

That jacket does look a tad too big for him.

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 15:39.
  6. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

I suspect there will be a sequel. I can’t imagine ND can afford not too, since the games are decent and I’m sure sell pretty well.

Whilst I didn’t enjoy U3 as much as U2, I’d love to see Uncharted on PS4.

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 12:09.
    • Tarbun84
      Since: Feb 2012

I agree UC3 didnt quite do it for me. Very set piece orientated. Would welcome a PS4 UC4 just so I can look in awe at the pretty colours

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 12:14.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

Aww yes, the pretty colours! ;)

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 12:29.
    • Taylor Made
      Since: Oct 2011

Personally for me, I think ND showed too much of UC3 before it came out therefore by the time we got to playing it, it just wasn’t good anymore

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 13:21.
      • Kovacs

No one made you watch!
        :P

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 14:40.
  7. Khaliel
    Since: Oct 2010

or maybe he is the voice of Jak in the Jak & Daxter reboot? (cause I can’t imagine, even if the reboot became The Last of Us, that they would simply delete all their work on the reboot. It will come at a moment or another) Jak was silent in the previous games, only Daxter had a voice. If a reboot comes on next gen, it would be logical to give a voice to Jak too.

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 12:34.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

Are you a Vulcan? :)

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 13:11.
    • Airiaen

Jak had a voice in the last two games (excluding the racer)

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 14:46.
  8. spooner_22

We can only pray. I love Uncharted. More Nate Drake please.

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 12:37.
  9. Eldave0
    andUandU

Personally I think another Uncharted would be a mistake. Compared to some of Naughty Dog’s masterpieces, Uncharted 3 was poor. Sure it was pretty, but it suffered from poor pacing throughout, the storyline wasn’t all that interesting and the gameplay sort of stumbled from one set piece to another. To give you an idea, I have played through Uncharted 2 6 times, whereas I only played Uncharted 3 twice (and only then it was so I could mop up the Crushing trophy).

In my opinion, the reason Naughty Dog games are so good is because they move over to a new IP before things get stale. Crash 1-3 (plus Team Racing) were excellent, but they then moved on as things were becoming samey. The same applies to the Jak and Daxter series. Three great games but no need for anymore.

Dragging Drake back for yet another adventure would go against the company’s solid approach to the industry and I’m genuinely hoping Naughty Dog are working on a completely new and awesome IP for the PS4.

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 12:41.
  10. Airiaen

I’d rather see a J&D reboot or a new IP. Uncharted was a decent series but I think it’ll need new mechanics to interest me again. UC3 just felt samey and dull.

Comment posted on 03/10/2013 at 14:48.