UK Games Charts: 14/10/2013: Grand Theft Auto V Is Back On Top

Beyond Two Souls takes the fifth.

Grand Theft Auto V is the melonfarming top game in the UK this week with previous title holder, FIFA 14, dropping to second place. Pokémon X & Y take the third and fourth positions whilst PlayStation exclusive Beyond Two Souls debuts in a respectable fifth place, not bad considering the juggernaut of franchises placed ahead of the game.

Here is the full chart:

1. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
2. FIFA 14 (EA)
3. Pokemon X (Nintendo)
4. Pokemon Y (Nintendo)
5. Beyond: Two Souls (Sony)
6. F1 2013 (Codemasters)
7. Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
8. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
9. Disney Infinity (Disney)
10. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Nintendo)
11. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
12. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
13. NBA 2K14 (2K Sports)
14. May Payne 3 (Rockstar)
15. PES 2014 (Konami)
16. Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft)
17. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
18. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
19. Dragon’s Crown (NIS America)
20. The Last of Us (Sony)

Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C)2013 UKIE Ltd

1. 3shirts

Out of interest, if you combine the sales of X and Y does it push it higher? I can’t imagine many people buy both

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 10:02.
    • rosswilson17
      Since: Jun 2013

You’d be surprised, a woman in front of me in the queue in Game bought 12 copies so her 6 grandchildren could all get a copy of both X and Y. But yeah I imagine the majority of people wouldn’t be in that situation.

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 10:12.
      • colmshan1990
        Since: Apr 2009

Wow.

It looks like Granny is really delivering this Christmas (at least I hope that’s for Christmas, or I’m going to get really jealous of children I’ve never met).

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 12:18.
    • Blair Inglis
      hisnameisblair

Yep, if they were counted as one, it would have been first “comfortably” according to MCV.

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 10:29.
  2. jimmy-google

Disney Infinity seems to have a lot of legs and I bet that doesn’t included any of the add-ons either. Disney must be raking it in.

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 10:24.
  3. Eldave0
    andUandU

Borrowed my friend’s PS3 and rented a copy of Beyond this weekend. Personally I think its brilliant and a nice follow up to Heavy Rain. The plot is all over the place, but my wife and I found that part of the fun is piecing it all together.
    Its probably not worth a full price purchase as we have almost finished it in two sessions, but anyone who is a fan of story-driven games should definitely check it out at some point

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 10:26.
    • TSBonyman

I noticed when i completed it that i can now access all the chapters in chronological order so i intend to play it that way at some point.

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 11:16.
      • JR.
        Since: Apr 2013

I quite like the back and forth set up but i’ll definitely play it in order when I play it again.

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 13:03.
  4. monkeyspoon

Beyond is why I like Sony. They like to take risks and do something different. Much better than Microsoft buying temporary exclusives and Nintendo making the same games over and over again. I’m bored of so many Mario, Zelda and Pokemon games. It’s the same thing over and over again.

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 10:36.
    • TSBonyman

Ditto, i wish more developers were prepared to take the risk and do something different.

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 11:17.
  5. TSBonyman

I completed Beyond Two Souls last night , it was quite simply wonderful and had me engaged from beginning to end.

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 11:13.
  6. bunimomike

“Melonfarming”? What’s that all about?

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 12:53.
  7. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

Beyond is fantastic. Quite scary too which I wasn’t expecting. I usually agree with the reviews but they got it dead wrong this time.

Comment posted on 14/10/2013 at 13:01.
    • Eldave0
      andUandU

Yep, critics have been completely off the mark with this one in my opinion. Yes some of the gameplay is a bit sloppy but the story telling, visuals and the whole premise is top-notch. My Wife and I finished our first playthrough last night and will be going back and checking out some of the other endings tonight.

Comment posted on 15/10/2013 at 11:05.