Watch Dogs Delayed Until Spring 2014

Wait Dogs.

Ubisoft have delayed Watch Dogs until Spring 2014, with the development team wishing to “deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming” and the decision coming after months of deliberation.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering: Why now? We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune each detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

It’s a good enough reason for the delay, as our recent interview highlighted creative director Jonathan Morin’s passion for the game, and it’s clear they truly want to create the best experience, rather than delaying for monetary or porting reasons as with Rayman Legends earlier this year.

What will be interesting is to see what happens with the official Watch Dogs PS4 bundles – surely Sony have started making the boxes? Whatever the case, there’s one less next generation launch title now, where will you be putting your Watch Dogs money?

Source: UbiBlog

Read more: # #
  1. Amphlett

What will I spend my Watch Dogs money on instead? A nice evening meal out with my good lady. And if she isn’t available I’ll take my wife.

Comment posted on 15/10/2013 at 18:56.
  2. Ouninpohja
    Since: Oct 2010

Phew. That’ll make launch day a little cheaper after making a commitment to the bundle pack last week :)
    Talking of which. I wonder how many people chose the Watch Dogs bundle?

Comment posted on 15/10/2013 at 19:34.
  3. KeRaSh

Wow, really unexpected. Obviously it’s great that they are comitted to releasing a polished product but this is terrible timing.
    Fortunately I decided to go with AC4.

Comment posted on 15/10/2013 at 21:58.
  4. CarBoyCam
    Since: Sep 2009

This will give me more time to play Driveclub, Killzone, Battlefield and FIFA. But I’m still gutted I won’t be able to spend my Christmas hacking into CCTV systems. :P

Comment posted on 16/10/2013 at 08:34.
  5. MikLSP
    Since: Oct 2008

Watchdogs looked interesting but my doubts were initially raised when I realised there were current gen versions too. To me, that meant the next gen versions weren’t going to be especially next gen after all

Comment posted on 16/10/2013 at 09:13.
  6. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

That’s annoying. This was to be my release day game, now I need to choose something else.

Comment posted on 16/10/2013 at 09:57.
  7. Lingio

had picked the watchdogs bundle but changed my mind to the kz mega bundle on Monday – strange ha! I Not sure what to get instead if watchdogs now..

Comment posted on 16/10/2013 at 14:41.
  8. cam the man

Instead of Watch Dogs? if Drive Club is delayed I think it might have to be NFS. Wasn’t going to get it but cannot have a new console without a driving game.

Comment posted on 16/10/2013 at 22:42.