Fantastic New PS4 #4ThePlayers Advert Features Tinie Tempah

A demonstration of play.

Sony’s PS4 advertising campaign kicked off last week with the brilliant #4ThePlayers Since 1995 video, which showed a life with PlayStation from 1995 until 2013, from the PS1 to the PS4.

It was rather brilliant, but their new advert features Tinie Tempah and is named “A Demonstration of Play”. It’s really good, and not too in-your-face with the advertising – I can imagine them using this in the cinema or a cut-down version for TV.

Quite interestingly, it’s not the first time a PlayStation advert has featured Tinie Tempah – if you watch the Since 1995 video again, you’ll see the exact poster he’s signing in this video in the background, at around the 2:45 mark.

Perhaps we should be looking at that video and keeping an eye on the background, for a hint at where they could take it next. Whatever the case, it’s just excellent marketing.

tinie

If you head over to their dedicated portal, you can also get a chance to win a PS4 or Tinie Tempah tour tickets, by once again spotting the four face button symbols in order.

Bring on the next advert.

Source: YouTube

Read more: # #
  1. Vallon
    Since: Sep 2013

Loved the perfect day advert and 1995> one but this is shit IMO :/ it should be about the games or how they make you feel / how they have / do interact with your life – not some sound track and a day in the life of some of some “celebrity”.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 11:51.
    • bunimomike

Agreed. Utterly lost on me and one where I’m left thinking “so who the hell finds this more interesting than game-related ones?”.

Still… if it works, that’s fine with me. I feel like Sony know what they’re doing so hopefully this wasn’t a swing-and-a-miss.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:31.
  2. DJ Judas
    Epic

I can’t say I agree with this being anywhere near fantastic. It’s pretty poor in fact, and outside of only being on YouTube, I can’t see a place for it.

That being said, I’m actually looking forward to seeing Sony’s “proper” ads for PS4 in the UK…….hopefully these aren’t all we’ll get.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:00.
  3. Gastos84
    Demon.
    Since: Apr 2009

I’m with Vallon on this, not so much a PS4 advert, rather a Tinie Tempah advert.

Kinda missed the point I feel. I understand getting ‘famous’ people to endorse and advertise but this seems completely disproportionate.

Where’s the focus? This is a games console, right?

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:02.
    • Kovacs

Remove the snippets of the guys playing PS4 games and this could be for his new “intrepid scent”.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:06.
      • Gastos84
        Demon.
        Since: Apr 2009

Haha ‘Create, Share, Play’ isn’t so inviting now :-)

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:23.
    • Blair Inglis
      hisnameisblair

They’ve done their advert for the old PlayStation crowd, this is the one for the bigger audience, and then they’ll have one focused on PS4 closer to release, I assume.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:06.
      • Gastos84
        Demon.
        Since: Apr 2009

I liked the PS generations advert, that was utilising its legacy and the nostalgia that accompanies it to advertise PS4. Makes sense and works.

What the new generation need, rather than ‘Look! Tinie Tempah likes it’ is clarity on what the PS4 is, does and what exciting games there are to play.

In fact, what Sony need, is Kevin Butler back. Those ads were funny and informative, albeit disguised in well thought skits.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:27.
      • blarty
        Since: Apr 2011

Agreed – whilst many people have decided where their money is going to go, many of them haven’t. Many products have been sold with this kind of marketing before – it might not appeal to you, but your advert is already there for the people there from the beginning through each playstation. This advert, this isn’t for us, it’s for the general populace, get someone in who to them is recognisable, put a catchy tune on it and add subtle playstation undertones.

Marketing has to appeal to different audiences.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:29.
  4. Kovacs

Not feeling this at all.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:02.
  5. Bilbo_bobbins

WIthout even looking for the buttons in the video, I spotted a triangle on the mic pop protector when he was in the studio, so there you go lol

Nice advert I guess, but would prefer to have more about the Playstation or Sony in it.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:03.
  6. hol
    Since: Oct 2009

A few interesting lines in that song too, one was ‘the devil in the red, white & blue’ little dig at MIcrosoft perhaps? ;)

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:30.
  7. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

Meh.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:32.
  8. TSBonyman

So this was aimed at Tiny Tempah wannabes? I don’t get it.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:54.
  9. lambchop
    Since: Aug 2013

This did absolutely nothing for me. They should do something with Daft punk…

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:54.
  10. Starman
    Since: Jul 2011

Worst next gen advert so far. About 2 seconds of off screen gameplay.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 12:55.