A Quick Video Of Battlefield 4's Commander Mode

Simon says... capture B!

This is exactly what it says on the tin, a quick look at what Commander Mode is and what it can do in Battlefield 4.

You’ll have to hit level 10 in online multiplayer before you can even get to try this, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t have noticed some of the Commander’s influence as you’re running around, with a bevy of abilities and tools at their disposal that can push a battle in a certain direction.

Hope you enjoy the video, and if you have any thoughts about it, do feel free to drop us a comment.

1. tonycawley
    Pint! Pint!

Looks a lot like the similar note they had on mag which frustrated the piss out of me. You’d give orders, everyone would ignore them then vote you off so they could have a go. Could be excellent if you had a proper team together though that follows orders.

Comment posted on 10/11/2013 at 20:06.
    • seravok
      Since: Oct 2011

I was soo happy when peopled listened to me in MAG. I don’t get why people just run around and shoot. It’s not quake arena/unreal tournament. Why buy a squad/team based game when you can’t communicate with others? Always request/give objectives, follow orders and stick together. And you will win 9/10 times.

Comment posted on 10/11/2013 at 21:46.
    • Stefan L
      Community Team

Oh man, I’d totally forgotten about MAG, and what a pain in the jacksie that could be!

Here it’s actually a bit better, I think. Generally people know they need to go for objectives, and the state of play is a lot more fluid. You will still get too many numpties sitting on top of skyscrapers with a sniper rifle and not adding anything to their team, but it’s less of an issue because there’s no hard attack/defence lines outside of Rush, really, and even there a game can end quite quickly when the atttackers get blocked.

Just as BF4 is best when played with a squad of friends, Commander Mode is best when you’re commanding a team made up of squads of friends.

Comment posted on 10/11/2013 at 22:48.
  2. Broonba
    Since: Mar 2009

In the right hands (and with a good team) this could be really useful.

Comment posted on 11/11/2013 at 12:47.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

I’m right handed myself but I can’t help feeling you’re being prejudice towards those unfortunate enough to be left handed.

Comment posted on 11/11/2013 at 14:09.