Now I am sure you are wondering why we are telling you that the first and feature packed 308 MB update for the PlayStation 4 is available when we don’t get the console for another two weeks.
Well, you can get ready for the launch and download the patch to a USB drive and use that to update your console on the 29th, rather than download it from the PSN which is bound to be horrendously slow that day.
Create a folder named “PS4” on your USB drive and then inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”. Right click save this file with the file name “PS4UPDATE.PUP” in the UPDATE folder and you will be set for launch day.
The patch includes the following features:
- Remote Play using the PlayStation Vita
- Second screen gaming using the PS4 Link app for PlayStation Vita and mobile devices
- The ability to record and share screenshots and video
- Use of Ustream and Twitch apps
- The ability to play games as they are downloading
- The ability for four users to log into the PS4 simultaneously
- Party chat
- Facial recognition and voice commands
- A background music player
- Online multiplayer through PlayStation Plus
- Blu-ray disc and DVD player capabilities