PS4 And Xbox One Size Comparison Pictures

Big and little.

Finally, someone had managed to get a PS4 and Xbox OneĀ into the same room, and has posted pictures of them very close to each other, so you’ll be able to see just how small Sony’s next generation machine is compared to Microsoft’s.

The Xbox One is huge, maybe about twice the size of the PS4 in total mass, but both consoles are looking fantastic in their design. We’ve prepared a gallery below with some of the images.

As you can see, Microsoft’s system towers over Sony’s, and the controllers are quite different in size too, although from experience I can say both are equally matched, with the Xbox One controller sitting in my hands that little bit better.

You can see the full size images in the gallery and more on PCGames.de.

Read more: # #
  1. Bambo_19
    Since: Dec 2011

Wow it ridiculous! seriously though I dont understand what the guys behind the xbone design were thinking!

Comment posted on 14/11/2013 at 21:08.
  2. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

It’s obvious to see Sony is the one that makes a lot of hardware, MS is basically just a software company. Amazing to think as well that the Xbone has an external power brick too (not that that would bother me much).

Comment posted on 14/11/2013 at 21:38.
  3. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

To be honest, I don’t look at the thing enough to care that much.
    But I don’t actually think the Xbone looks that bad, definitely better than the 360. I think they just tried to play it safe design-wise, as it’s not that special. It’s just their controller which hurts my eyes. Glad I’ll be holding a DS4 instead.

Comment posted on 14/11/2013 at 21:42.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

It looks like a 3rd party cheap and nasty controller or the forehead of a half robotic cyborg version of Frankenstein’s monster.

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 09:57.
  4. MICKY17

Can’t believe the difference! Didn’t realise just how small the PS4 was till this. Also what’s the deal with the white square on the Xbox? Stands out doesn’t it!!

Comment posted on 14/11/2013 at 21:55.
  5. BerackyWack

I guess MS are just tryna be extra careful inside so no overheating and RROD. Understandable, but the PS4 looks great and so compact in comparison.

Comment posted on 14/11/2013 at 22:58.
  6. hazelam

the PS4 likes it on top eh?

i can understand that. ^_^

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 07:30.
  7. three_leg_jake
    Since: Aug 2011

I think MS are trying to make the XBOX standard AV equipment size i.e. the same as an amp for instance as part of their “it does TV” push.

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 09:51.
  8. freezebug2

Wow, that is quite a significant difference, almost like comparing a CRT to a flatscreen or an Amiga 500+ to an Amiga 600.
    I guess that one obvious advantage that can be seen immediately with the the XB1 would be it’s ability to thin down for an XB1 slim release model with ease, PS4 might struggle!!
    I think the big white button on XB1 might enable a lid to flip so that the PS4 can sit inside for that multi-platform experience. :P
    Sheesh!

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 10:23.
  9. Kevatron400
    Drake, baby.

Googling images for Xbox One shows pictures without that white square or CD tray warning sticker, so this comparison probably does the X1 a slight disservice! That aside, what is the white square?

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 10:35.
  10. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

Maybe someone should suggest to Microsoft that they should send some Xbox One’s over to the Philippines to use a shelters for the homeless victims of the typhoon.

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 11:31.