Official PS4 UI Video Released

An overview of the PlayStation Dynamic Menu.

As the PS4 is a mere few hours away for those in the US, and Sony have finally – officially at least – lifted the lid on the PlayStation 4′s Dynamic Menu, with a walkthrough from Eric Lempel, vice president of Sony Network Entertainment.

The nine minute long video shows everything from the What’s New screen to the revamped PlayStation Store, as well as video recording, multitasking and even the share button features. It also shows the new Trophy Rarity system, and clarifies that it’s a percentage of people shown.

It looks quite user-friendly and rather intuitive. If you’re in the US, you should have your hands on it within the next day or so, providing you’re buying the system – let us know how it is.

Source: YouTube

1. cam the man

Very impressive, especially the speed of it.

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 02:09.
  2. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

Looks quite good indeed. And I like the additional trophy info. Looking forward to this.

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 02:25.
  3. Dominic Leighton
    Since: Mar 2012

Jumping in and out of your apps/games looks nice and smooth – I think I’m looking forward to that as much as some of the new games!

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 03:04.
  4. Dar-Kaus
    Since: Apr 2009

Glad to see the GUI is similar to the PS3, no need to spending ages referring to the manual.

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 06:16.
  5. bunimomike

That was great. As someone who’s had to design GUIs many times over, it’s lovely seeing the legacy features that worked from the PS3 but the power and slickness of the new PS4 infrastructure. More than anything, I’m not sure I would want this chap presenting stuff on stage as he’s quite an understated sort of guy. However, he was genuinely excellent with this and that was the most pleasant surprise.

Nicest surprise about the PS4 GUI (Graphical User Interface)? Even non-PS+ users having the PS4 scan their gaming habits over the last three months and patching the games in the background. Fantastic stuff!

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 09:53.
  6. djdustb
    Since: Nov 2008

I liked that a lot, that was the best video I have seen if this so far, no jumps or cuts. It looks smooth and actually seems to work better and make more sense than the screens I have seen before suggested it would.

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 13:05.
  7. sparkyscrum
    Since: May 2011

I so want my PS4 now!

Comment posted on 15/11/2013 at 16:49.
  8. wick15

Ohh my god I’ve missed Eric Lempel. Brings me back to the days of him showing off the latest cool features coming to PS3.

Comment posted on 16/11/2013 at 18:47.
  9. wozza
    Since: Nov 2013

12 days to go :)

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 21:02.