You

Community Chronicle: 17/11/13

The US' turn.

I paid for my PS4 yesterday, which was an interesting feeling. There was something about the wait towards everything happening at the end of the month, and now I’ve got the soul destroying bank balance killer out of the way I’m just left with the vast emptiness of waiting for something to be put in my hands on the 29th…

Oh well, I guess I’ll play some games to while away the time!

Chronicle-hottopics-sticker

Of course the biggest news of the past week has been that the PlayStation 4 is available to buy by real living people who have enough money to pay for one, and live in the US.

Of course the biggest news this past week has been that the PlayStation 4 is available to buy by real living people who have enough money to pay for one, and live in North America. Old School‘s plan is to “climb inside my freezer for two weeks to cryogenically freeze myself. Hope I don’t over sleep or… die.”

Sounds perfectly safe to me, and fingers crossed he avoids a Buck Rogers style incident!

Even Microsoft got in on the act, offering their direct competitor a hearty congratulations on the day of their launch, to which ron_mcphatty said, “It’s all very gracious and friendly. What a great way to usher in the next generation.”

However, the post sparked an interesting thought about the “fanboy” label from Andrewww:

“I’m not really a Microsoft fan, if it is about games, but this is a nice gesture, I’ll give them that. However, I do think a grown-up is allowed to have very clear preferences and make fun of the competition, without being called a ‘fanboy’ every time.”

I certainly agree that a little light ribbing is well within order, but what do you think?

The Uncharted 4 teaser and announcement, on the eve of the PS4 launch no less, has dropped some tantalising clues as to the history it could cover. This to the extent that Jim theorised it could actually have us playing as Drake. No, not Nathan, but Sir Francis!

A certain Alex C chipped in saying, “I’m tempted to think that we might be playing as (the real) Drake, with Nate doing something similar in the current timezone, mirroring each other. The games have always hinted at this, albeit fleetingly in some cases, so being able to really be Francis Drake would be very fitting. And ace.”

There’s a few other good points of speculation about what the teaser is hinting at exactly, so it’s well worth diving in and reading a few of the comments.

Chronice-places-sticker

BlackRedYellow is back with a slight change to his gaming set up. I’ll not elaborate too much, but this might also give a rough clue as to where in the world he lives…

The lucky, lucky boy says:

Not much has changed since my last submission, except for the glorious PS4!

It looks nice and tidy next to its older brother, who will still be getting lots of attention. It’s certainly a lot quieter, and I was surprised at how slim and small it actually is!

Looking forward to playing with TSAgents, it’s not the same on your own.

Not jealous at all…

As I’ve said before, if people want to keep sending things in, I’ll be happy to post them. I expect a lot of you will be getting PS4s soon, so we’ll see those quite regularly, I’m sure. If you fancy it, just use the submission form below, get in touch with me on Twitter at @teflon, or just send me an email out of the blue to teflon@thesixthaxis.com.

Chronicle-achievements-sticker

The forums are still down for the time being, but people have been a little more proactive with their trophy reporting this last week. I myself earned a fastest platinum, though I guess I’m kind of cheating since I’ve been playing the game before release…

Youles starts things off, as he now has 100% of the trophies for Dishonored’s Knife of Dunwall DLC, and has already completed plays of Brigmore Witches, though he has a way to go on that one still. He’s also returned to Escape Plan and managed to acquire 100% of those trophies too.

Crazy_Del updated us on a whole bundle of his latest platinums, with Diablo 3 added to the pot alongside fastest platinum claims (which we’ll get to see once the forums are back) for Killzone Mercenary and Batman: Arkham Origins.

Bambo_19 has to be the second chap on TSA to get the GTA V platinum, behind only Crazy_Del we think, while Avenger finished the game that isn’t really a game, Beyond. I still need to get back to that, actually…

R1MJAW rounds things out this week with platinum number 98, Remember Me. Plenty of time to hit triple digits before the PS4 arrives!

We’re basically finished, as we are without a leaderboard update this week. Coincidentally this was also the week that I updated my trophy card!

If  you want to check the leaderboards from last week then they can be found here, but to finish off this week, we have the usual submission form for photos and accomplishments.

Until next time.

Community Chronicle Entry Form
Please submit your entry in the form below.
TSA id: *
Email address: *
Which feature do you wish to submit your entry to? *

Details about your accomplishment or rig? *
If you have a picture then please upload it here.
Read more: # #
  1. Avenger
    Since: Oct 2012

Congratulations BlackRedYellow. Forgot you live in Canada. Love the cat and how he/she subtly became part of the shelf ornaments in the first shot (I just love cats to bits), and is that KZ Shadow Fall I see in the first shot?

Talking of PS4 reveals after watching the TSA newsdesk I found this brilliant video. Love the way he chucks the Xbox out of the way.

And yes, I’m spending many hours platinuming a game that isn’t really a game: Beyond Two Souls. I reckon COD: MW3 might be first for my fifth platinum though.

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 14:27.
    • blackredyellow
      Since: Mar 2009

Yep, Killzone: Shadow Fall! It’s great, both campaign and MP.

Oreo was enjoying it too :)

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 16:59.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

You must be the first TSAer with the new black beastie, hope you’re enjoying it so far! Have you tried remote play yet? Oh and good work getting the cat in the photos again!

Comment posted on 18/11/2013 at 06:52.
  2. Kamokazi-UK
    Since: Sep 2009

I really must get round to submitting my gaming photo’s. I’ll get right on it this week i think!

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 14:40.
  3. Bambo_19
    Since: Dec 2011

Thank for the mention, That GTAV plat was hard. Lots of tips and tricks from Del made things a bit quicker :).

I also did a bit of platinum cheating, I bought Ratchet and Clank into the Nexus on the US store and I have platinumed it already lol. I cant wait for R&Cto release in the UK, sorry I just love those games!

Id just like to add that I am super jealous of BRY, have fun playing PS4, I might have to try the Cryo-sleep as well!

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 14:43.
  4. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

I hate how Sony puts a box over a playstation box for bundles, annoys me lol.

Nice set up though can’t wait for PS4!

If anyone ain’t seen the South Park psbone must watch

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 15:13.
  5. freezebug2

Very nice set up dude, the new PS4 console looks very mush in place and well fitted. Good to see that the HDMI connector wasn’t a wobbler. ;)
    Looks like Tiddles approves also!

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 15:24.
  6. blackredyellow
    Since: Mar 2009

Thank you all! It certainly is an amazing console, I really mean that.

I am so impressed with it. Had it since Friday and I’m still finding the odd new addition or little tweak from the previous generation.

The interface is great, so intuitive and user friendly, not to mention far smoother than the PS3, with all it’s clunky-ness.

Sit tight, my friends. I am very confident that you will all LOVE this little beauty from the first moment.

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 16:58.
    • bunimomike

BRY… very, very happy for you. Lovely feedback too. Hope you can help us limp along for a couple of weeks with some “how it really is” comments to pour water on the rumours, half-truths and absolute utter lies we see in the press/comment sections/internet, etc. ;-) Enjoy! :-)

With Andrewwww with the light ribbing but let’s keep it at that. Relentless teasing and piss-taking won’t be tolerated, that’s for sure. This rule works both ways too. Sony’s put up with a lot of stick last gen but that doesn’t give people free rein over any digs towards Microsoft that are overly spiteful and vitriolic this time around.

No.1 Rule: Show that you’re a grown-up.

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 19:02.
    • blast71
      Since: May 2012

Is the browser better than this piece of poo PS3 browser that I currently have to struggle with every day?

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 21:05.
  7. Crazy_Del

Awesome set up BRY and Oreo is looking lovely but my fave has to be this pic of the Telly (no.1) but look to the left of the shelf and there is a odd photo of someone doing a poopsie in the toilet xD If that is you BRY do tell us a story about that particularly photo of it.
    Cannot wait for the PS4!
    My next Platinum could be Dead Island Riptide (Hoping tomorrow) and have Little Big Planet Karting and Remember Me (Well started that and was in just 30mins or so…) Enjoying Remember Me and nearly done with Karting, glad they were free ^^

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 17:30.
  8. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Alex’s Uncharted 4 idea sounds like Assassin’s Creed to me, switching between time periods.

Nice set up BRY, you lucky so and so!

Comment posted on 17/11/2013 at 23:03.
  9. ZanderRed
    Since: Nov 2013

InFamous 2nd Son release date in March – that seems a very long way away

Comment posted on 19/11/2013 at 15:53.