Amazon Predicts Xbox One Will Hold The Console Sales Record For One Week

Party like it's November 22nd.

Amazon has predicted that Xbox One will become the biggest and fastest selling console ever come launch day, Friday 22nd November.

However,  the celebrations will be short lived as they also predict that  just a week later, when the PlayStation 4 launches in Europe, Sony will steal the record back from their rivals.

“The operation to deliver a new Xbox or PlayStation to Amazon customers on release day is well underway,” Amazon Europe VP Xavier Garambois told MCV. “The pre-orders we have seen for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 show that gamers across the UK are eager to be amongst the first to try out the latest gaming experience, and the much-anticipated release of these next generation consoles is guaranteed to lead to hours of gaming pleasure.”

Considering the relatively high price of consoles the record breaking sales figures appear to be a firm rebuttal to those who constantly tell us “consoles are dead”.

Both consoles look likely to overtake the sales of the Wii U in a matter of weeks, Nintendo recently revealed that their next-gen console had only sold 500,000 units worldwide in the last six months.

Source: MCV

Read more: # #
  1. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

Ouch, Wii U sale are bad, really bad.

Psst, “Sony ‘will’ steal the record”

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 10:18.
  2. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

“Considering the relatively high price of consoles”, come again? I guess in a way he’s sticking up for consoles but whats he comparing these prices too? Obviously not other electrical gaming systems or gadgets as my phones twice as expensive as a PS4, so’s my iPad, so’s my TV etc. So’s the sound bar I’m now looking at.

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 10:37.
    • Spence1115

So a 64gb iPhone and a 128gb iPad? And you spent £700 on a soundbar? Would you care to give me a hundred or so?

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 11:28.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

Wish I had a couple of hundred to spare. Unfortunately I’m currently just ‘looking’ at the sound bar :)

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 12:03.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

Im comparing them to the amount of money people have in their wallets at the moment, in case you hadn;t noticed everyone is a bit fucked. They are “luxury” items.

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 11:49.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

As it’s you I’ll let you off… I read it as if it was quoted by the bloke lol

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 11:55.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

‘Amazon bloke’

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 11:56.
  3. Bilbo_bobbins

Wii U sales are horrendous. Very worrying for them.

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 10:37.
  4. Starman
    Since: Jul 2011

They could actually just tell us what the x1 & ps4 preorder sales are but I guess they aren’t allowed to.

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 11:09.
  5. stonyk

Does anyone have any predictions on the likely hood of their PS4’s arriving a day early from Amazon. I could really do with it getting in a day early as I won’t be home for a while from the Friday :-(

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 12:24.
  6. bunimomike

Is this correct? I found a list of thirteen countries for the Xbox One’s launch. They should really crank out the numbers there. Most of the major game-playing nations outside of Asia, etc.

“Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom, United States.”

I’m looking forward to what a European launch can do for the PS4. Not to beat the Xbox One but to see how a console sells when launched across all of Europe in one fell swoop.

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 12:36.
  7. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Hurry up November 29th 00.01hrs.

I need my PS4! :-)

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 12:48.
  8. bigchrissyc
    Since: Aug 2013

Xbox should be the fasting selling as it releasing in so many countries. It would have been interesting to see what it would have looked like if they released both consoles on the same night in all countries.

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 14:27.
  9. quinkill
    Since: Oct 2010

Not exactly hard to do considering it is having a global release whereas PS4 is having a staggered release between US, EU and Asia.

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 14:29.
  10. Gadbury
    Since: Jan 2009

Wii U sales – ouch!

Wii U: 500,000, worldwide, 6 months.
    PS4: 1,000,000, North America, 1 day.

I hope Nintendo aren’t in trouble. Although Mario and Zelda on PS4 would be lovely :)

Comment posted on 20/11/2013 at 17:37.
    • germ1984
      Since: Nov 2012

Ninty are absolutely sound, financially speaking. The Wii and DS/3DS saw to that.

Comment posted on 21/11/2013 at 03:35.