12 Deals Of Christmas Deal Four: NFS Rivals & Rayman Legends

Four Colly Birds.

The latest of the 12 Deals of Christmas offers are set to  hit PSN at some point today, and run for the next 48 hours. This time around, they’ll feature NFS Rivals on PS3 and Rayman Legends on PS Vita.

NFS Rivals is geting quite a hefty reduction down to £19.99/€29.99, which is the cheapest I’ve seen it anywhere. However, it feels like most people are after this on PS4, if they have one, and in that case it is important to note that NFS Rivals is not part of Sony’s Digital Upgrade Programme. So no trading up on this one, I’m afraid.

Over on the PS Vita we have Rayman Legends for £11.99/€14.99, which is also the cheapest I can remember, with an additional 10% discount for PS+ members. This version of the game quite infamously launched with a slice of content missing, with Ubisoft promising that it would be added back in at a later date. Thankfully, they released the content patch containing the Invasion levels last week, so that this version can now rub shoulders with the home console releases.

Curiously, films are being done individually for each main country. I’m feeling a little lazy, so I’ll just copy and paste from the PS Blog:

United Kingdom:
World War Z (Extended Version)
SD: Was £3.49, now £0.99

SD: Was €1.99, now €0.99
HD: Was €2.99, now €1.99

I love Last Action Hero.

Source: PlayStation Blog

1. Bambo_19
    Since: Dec 2011

I really wanted NFS on my PS4 but I cant spend £50 on a game, its just tooo much. Im checking HUKD all the time for cheaper games.

I would understand a little if it was an amazing exclusive like Uncharted of Infamous second sons, but £50 for fifa,cod, NFS when they are hald price one PS3. I mean its not like they are twice as good on PS4.

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 12:41.
    • Stefan L
      Community Team

Well, you do get a lot more pixels for your money… ;)

If you’re after NFS, BF4 or FIFA 14 on PS4, then one route is Amazon’s next-gen trade in scheme.

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 12:44.
  2. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Just copped Ray Ray on vita, I love me Ray

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 12:56.
  3. lambchop
    Since: Aug 2013

Nothing for me. Already enjoying Need for Speed on PS4. Roll on Monday for the next deals

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 13:00.
  4. TSBonyman

Very tempted by Rayman Legends, i would prefer the ps3 version but the price is great.

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 13:06.
  5. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

Nice! And if anyone’s on the fence about WWZ I’d say its really good, it’s in the same league as 28 Days Later, definitely worth a quid.

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 13:38.
    • gaffers101
      Since: Oct 2008

Thank you. I wasn’t sure about it, but as you say “worth a £1”.

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 13:47.
    • Nate
      Since: Apr 2010

Just to add my counter 2 cents, read the book instead! WWZ is a shamelessly generic film with absolutely no inspiration drawn from the excellent book aside from the title. Worth a pound to rent, but most things would fall in that category!

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 17:10.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

I had no idea is was inspired by a book! That’s my Christmas visit to my girlfriends family sorted :)

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 18:48.
      • Nate
        Since: Apr 2010

You are in for a treat, it’s a brilliant read! It is written as “true” historical accounts of different survivors of WWZ, spanning everything from civilian accounts, through to big military set pieces. It was a real shame when the film came out, as it didn’t include any of the very imaginative and original content.

Although that will make it a more enjoyable read, as it will all be brand new for you!

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 20:24.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

Sounds great and so totally different from the film! It’s a shame when a film disappoints by sidestepping the book that’s inspired it, I loved the first Harry Potter film but after that there was so much missing or changed from the books that I lost interest. The Hunger Games film is a bit of a let down too, if you haven’t read them Nate give the first one a go, it’s gripping! Watch the film trailer first though, then you can imagine Jennifer Lawrence getting naked half way through!

Comment posted on 08/12/2013 at 07:59.
  6. coruscant
    Since: Oct 2010

Like most, I’m really tempted by Rayman. On the other hand, I’ve not even finished Origins yet!

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 14:25.
    • DividSmythe
      Since: May 2012

It really is worth it. Origins is in legends as well but that last level is tough on Origins.

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 17:16.
  7. pdannysan13
    Since: Mar 2013

still keeping my fingers croosed for Hotline Miami or Velocity Ultra on PS Vita :)

Comment posted on 07/12/2013 at 20:25.