MGS V: Ground Zeroes Dated, Xbox Exclusive Content Stars Raiden

Metal Gear Solid V: Metal Gear Rising 2.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, which acts as the prologue of the full Metal Gear Solid V and therefore a precursor the The Phantom Pain, has been dated for March 18th 2014.

Also announced was the Xbox exclusive mission “Jamais Vu” – see what they did there? – which has players playing as Raiden, sent back in time to disrupt the Metal Gear continuity. There’s a trailer for that below.

The prospect of a MGS1 Deja Vu mission for PlayStation doesn’t seem as exciting as a time travelling Raiden mission, does it? With body snatchers too!

So, the Metal Gear timeline is a bit messed up now, and MGS V takes place both before and after Metal Gear Rising. Got it?

Source: YouTube

1. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

This might be the first MGS that I don’t buy, I think I just start to lose interest in a series after a certain amount of sequels/prequels. It may depend what else is out on PS4 between now and then.

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 14:53.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

Did you play through Peace Walker in the end mate? If not, and you have time, its worth finishing! The story is excellent, it really gets going towards the end and the epilogue ramps the whole thing up to eleven! It might get you excited about Ground Zeroes since it seems like it’ll be a direct sequel. Time travelling in Metal Gear though? Not sure that’s for me.

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 15:10.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

I haven’t mate, but I really do want to! Its my favourite MGS…just gutted it’s not on Vita as there’s more chance I’d get around to playing it!

Not sure about the time travel either :/

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 15:27.
      • Phizzy
        Since: Jun 2010

You can play the PSP version on Vita.

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 16:55.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

Yeah true, although since I have it on PS3 it would be nice to get the trophies for my hard work ;)

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 17:06.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

You’ve got a PSP and the HD edition right? You could transfaaaaaaar the saves game to a PSP and play on that with a cheap ebay copy then tranafaaaaaaaaaaaaaar back for trophies? Alcoholay have influences my excessive a’s. Alcoholay!!

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 23:30.
    • Shadow_lawless
      Since: Aug 2010

Peace walker has got to be one of if not the best in the series. great characters, so much back story, amazing actual story and the gameplay was insane. recruiting soldiers completing outcrop missions, developing weapons and gear. I miss it so much :(

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 22:43.
  2. Takyu
    Since: Aug 2012

What annoys me is that this exclusive content seems to be what Metal Gear: Rising should have been. I was never a fan of the Japanese style hack and slash game it turned into, and the gameplay in this video seems to be more like what I originally expected from it from that first trailer.

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 15:26.
  3. leeroye
    Since: May 2012

Metal Gear Solid V
    Phantom Pain
    Ground Zeros

Im confused??? Are there 3 Metal gear games coming then?

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 16:20.
    • Eldaveo
      Since: Oct 2013

Providing I’ve understood it correctly, Ground Zeroes is a prequel, whereas Phantom Pain is the main game

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 16:35.
      • leeroye
        Since: May 2012

Cheers mate, that clears it up.

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 16:36.
      • Blair Inglis
        hisnameisblair

And they’re both Metal Gear Solid V.

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 16:36.
  4. lambchop
    Since: Aug 2013

Look better than the Sony Exclusive mission. I’ve not really played one of these games before, so looking forward to The Phantom Pain

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 16:37.
  5. Broonba
    Since: Mar 2009

I gave up on trying to follow the MGS story long ago. Talk about flogging a dead horse. Although I have both the MGS HD collection and Peace Walker in my backlog so I’ll get round to playing them at some point.

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 16:39.
  6. Scythegpd
    Since: Jul 2010

I’m a massive MGS fan, loved 1-4, even platinumed 4 (after getting all emblems pre-trophy patch). But just haven’t been able to get excited about these ones. I think it’s
    1 – I hate being nickel and dimed so when they said “Here’s the full game … oh and by the way here’s a prequel we’re going to charge separately for” I went “meh”
    2 – Then they drop Hayter … double meh
    3 – Then exclusive content for each console, which always pisses me right off … triple meh

And now they’re talking time travel and Raiden “disrupting the continuity”? Dafuq?
    I never thought I’d say this but I really can’t be arsed with MGS at this stage. I need something really spectacular to pull me over because so far it’s failing to deliver …

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 16:43.
  7. TSBonyman

Nicely timed for my birthday! :)

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 17:01.
  8. deadwelsh

I am tempted to play one of these (the open world one?)

Glad I am not alone in feeling like MGS is getting flogged a bit now.

They should have finished it with the epic that was 4 and maybe just done a proper HD series remake for MGS 1, 2 & 3

Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKEEEEEE!

Comment posted on 09/12/2013 at 20:29.