News Snatch: PS4 MMOs, CoD: Ghosts And Spoon Licking Elves

This is a Miley Cyrus thing, right?

We begin with a new trailer for Call of Duty: Ghosts which explains the season pass and next-gen upgrades, just in case you have been living in a cave for the past year, and missed out how this stuff leaked ages ago.

Both Ace Combat: Infinity and Soul Calibur: Lost Swords have been delayed into next year, this is so Namco Bandia can make a “better” end product.

“About to do my voice over work for new Saints Row video game,” tweeted actor Jay Mohr, but maybe this is DLC for Saints Row IV rather than a brand new title.

The man with the second most punchable face in game (after Mario, of course) is backJoe Danger Infinity is coming to iOS in the form of an endless runner styled game.

Neverwinter and Star Trek Online publisher, Perfect World, have added a new console division to their company. The new division will release both “current and future games from Perfect World Entertainment’s suite of developers.”

And now, a copy and paste from a press release because I have no idea what this even means.

The Yule Lads have been spreading cheer throughout the EVE Universe, gifting things to all EVE subscribers both naughty (most of them) and nice (a stalwart few). Seven Yule lads–from Stubby to Door-Slammer to Bowl-Licker–have given their gifts with more to come, including a unique gift that is sure to provide the space-faring players of the world’s largest gaming universe plenty of holiday joy.

It’s something to do with EVE Online, the accompanying video of elves licking spoons does not really help.

PS Mobile has launched in 8 new countries: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and New Zealand.

Some rather dull screenshots from Trials Fusion on Xbox One.

Sales of PlayStation Vita rocketed by 68 per cent in the week following the PS4′s release and then by a further 65 per cent the following week. Huzzah!

And Finally, got an Android phone? Then try out this ratherfestive Easter egg.

1. Jim Hargreaves

Would be cool to see Neverwinter on consoles. It’s fairly action-y compared to most MMOs.

Comment posted on 20/12/2013 at 13:24.
  2. Stefan L
    Community Team

Love the Yule Lads myth, now that I know of it!

Comment posted on 20/12/2013 at 13:34.
  3. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

That’s awesome news for the vita boast up! Remote play is awesome, if you ain’t tried it yet u need to invest in a vita!

Comment posted on 20/12/2013 at 13:58.
  4. TheDemocrodile

I’d say the biggest piece of news this week is quite clearly the Steam Xmas Sale just from the sheer terror my wallet is emitting.
    Already grabbed Complete Spore and Monaco for £16.

Oh and that’s good news for the Vita, i do still plan on picking one up, i just need to see how Remote Play pans out over the coming year.

Comment posted on 20/12/2013 at 14:08.
  5. tatoemonkey
    Since: Apr 2009

Call of Duty Ghosts – your season pass content does not go with you when you upgrade not if you live in the EU due to a bug they have yet to fix :( I like that free fall map and was really looking forward to playing it in glorious full HD.

Comment posted on 20/12/2013 at 14:44.
  6. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

I’ll probably get the Season Pass, been playing loads of Ghosts so it makes sense.

Question about PS3 -> PS4 upgrades though, do I need a PS4 to do the £10 thingy? I reckon I’ll either get a PS4 over Easter or summer, but want to make use of the upgrade scheme before it expires.

Comment posted on 20/12/2013 at 15:33.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

No you can do it now and download when you get a PS4

Comment posted on 20/12/2013 at 15:51.
      • gazzagb
        Master of speling mitakse

Awesome, thanks.

Comment posted on 20/12/2013 at 18:56.
  7. hazelam

when did you guys start putting pics of the writers on their articles? ^_^

Comment posted on 20/12/2013 at 15:53.
  8. TheShepanator

I don’t have a ps4 yet and probably won’t for another 6 months, but I picked up a vita a few weeks ago when hmv was selling them off for £99.

I knew I’d get at least that back if I didn’t like it and sold it on eBay but I must say I love it! Lbp vita and killzone mercenary are the only games I have so far and I can see myself sinking many more hours into those alone!!

Comment posted on 21/12/2013 at 12:15.
  9. NancySaxbyus21
    Banned
    Since: Dec 2013

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 22/12/2013 at 18:03.