Two New LBP Trademarks Registered By Sony

Hubs and toys.

Sony has registered two new trademarks titled LBP, the acronym for LittleBigPlanet. Those of you who are hoping this is in reference to a new title for the PS4 will have to wait longer for that, as these are pretty likely to refer to LittleBigPlanet Hub, and merchandising.

The first trademark refers to “Electronic games services provided by means of the Internet… providing of an online gaming service.”

This is what LittleBigPlanet Hub will be. The second trademark as the description set as “Toys, games and playthings, bags and cases adapted or shaped to contain handheld electronic games devices.”

So maybe we’ll soon see LittleBigPlanet cases for the Vita, as well as new toys inspired by the franchise. As for why LBP was trademarked, well that’s most likely Sony covering themselves so no one else can take the acronym trademark.

Source: Dualshockers

Read more: # #
  1. Basketballgaz
    Since: Jul 2013

Good move if you ask me, cover their backs. I would love a Sackboy case for my vita :)

Comment posted on 05/01/2014 at 18:00.
  2. DividSmythe
    Since: May 2012

I wish it was coming to Ps4 :-(

Comment posted on 05/01/2014 at 18:58.
    • beeje13
      Since: Jan 2010

Surely it will in time. The success of hub on ps3 might shape what form the ps4 version will take.

Comment posted on 05/01/2014 at 21:43.
      • DividSmythe
        Since: May 2012

I’m sure it will as long as it’s not something as poor as LBPK because that was really poor in consideration to all other things LBP that have been released.

The only ‘new’ way is 3D mode for Ps4. I wouldn’t mind if they did though.

Comment posted on 05/01/2014 at 22:36.
  3. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

Every time I hear news about LBP, see the games icon, or even think about playing my brain goes ‘meh’. But then as soon as I take the plunge and play any of the series I find myself burning hours on community levels and create mode. LBP is wonderful, more is always going to be good, fingers crossed the Vita version remains well supported!

Comment posted on 05/01/2014 at 20:49.
  4. Cron_13
    Since: Sep 2013

Be good to see Media Molecule do something innovative with the PS4’s hardware (touchpad, camera, audio commands etc) as Tearaway used the Vita in ways lots of other games haven’t… and if that’s in the form of a Little Big Planet game all the better! :)

Great developer in my opinion.

Comment posted on 06/01/2014 at 09:47.
    • pdannysan13
      Since: Mar 2013

i hope Tearaway had good sales. they deserve it.

Comment posted on 06/01/2014 at 11:32.