Stream Of Unconsciousness: WWE App Coming To Consoles

Oh yeah!

Do you enjoy watching men in tight pants hugging each other? I know I do. That’s why I’m quite excited about the news from Las Vegas (where else?) that the world’s most popular sports entertainment brand is bringing its own streaming app to consoles soon.

WWE Network will arrive on PS3, 360 and PS4 in the US in February, with an Xbox One app expected to follow soon after. It’s a 24 hour streaming service that gives access to all 12 pay-per-view events, as well as Smackdown and Raw. You’ll also be able to access every WCW and ECW pay-per-view event ever from the archive and there will be pre- and post-Raw and Smackdown shows to watch too.

It sounds like an awful lot of content, including a new show – WWE Countdown – which is to debut on the app. The best news is that it’s all going to be available for the bargain price of $9.99 per month. That’s a snip.

There’s no confirmation of a UK (or European) release for the app but we assume that they’re still bound into contracts with Sky and their DVD distributors on this side of the Atlantic. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon because I know I’d rather pay Vince a tenner a month for my men in tight pants hugging than pay Rupert £30 a month plus extortionate PPV fees for his shed full of terrible telly.

1. lambchop
    Since: Aug 2013

Call me when they’ll pay me $9.99 a month to watch this…..

Comment posted on 10/01/2014 at 12:16.
    • Muskyy
      Since: Dec 2011

You’ll regret saying that, punk!

Comment posted on 10/01/2014 at 12:23.
  2. Basketballgaz
    Since: Jul 2013

I really, really hope that it gets a UK release!

Comment posted on 10/01/2014 at 12:34.
  3. doomsday619
    Since: Nov 2008

Apparently this is getting a UK release they are looking to do a worldwide roll out by the end of the year.
    Im a huge WWE fan and have even got my children into watching it so will definitely be getting this when it does release.

Comment posted on 10/01/2014 at 13:08.
  4. hol
    Since: Oct 2009

If the price is right, I’ll subscribe. The thought of watching all those classic ECW & WCW events alone is worth it.

Comment posted on 10/01/2014 at 13:56.
  5. hazelam

i haven’t watched any WWE for years.

i used to when they had Raw and Smackdown on Sky one, but then they moved them to sky sports and all that was left on sky one was shitty edited versions.

i watch some TNA sometimes on Challenge, but i’d like to watch the WWE stuff again.

if the UK price is comparable to the US price, i could see me subscribing.

with the weekly shows, the PPVs and archive material, it seems like it’d be worth it to me.

Comment posted on 10/01/2014 at 16:00.
    • hazelam

and hey, a day of sports on nowtv, or a month of the WWE Network?

as Kevin Bacon would say, no brainer.

Comment posted on 10/01/2014 at 16:02.
  6. Nismo400R84
    Since: Aug 2012

I currently watch WWE via torrent which is a pain in the arse. I would sooner pay 9.99 per month. I would prefer sky but where sky would need to be fitted there are 80ft high trees blocking the signal. As much as I love watching wwe am chopping trees down of that size and age.

Comment posted on 10/01/2014 at 17:18.
  7. arrybags
    Since: Sep 2010

I am so much more tempted by this than I should be.

The ability to watch the turn of the millennium wwe stuff would be amazing.

Just need bt to sort out broadband speeds in my village.

Comment posted on 10/01/2014 at 17:45.
  8. sully1311
    Since: Mar 2010

It’s coming to UK Late 2014/Early 2015 (also Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Nordics)

Comment posted on 10/01/2014 at 18:10.