February's Leaked List Of PS+ Content Seems Too Good To Be True

Or too bad to be true in two cases.

February’s PlayStation Plus content might include BioShock Infinite and Metro: Last Light for PlayStation 3, Dynasty Warriors Next and ModNation Racers Roadtrip for PS Vita and Outlast for PS4.

That’s another impressive month for the instant game collection, and GamePointsNow is reporting that this is the content, though there’s no confirmation beyond them being shown the list by an anonymous source, which means the rumour is purely based on how reliable the site is.

And maybe a few other things, too.

You wouldn’t have to make a huge leap to consider BioShock Infinite as a potential part of the Instant Game Collection. There’s DLC on the way which they want to push to as many people as possible, and the title made it on to the US PS+ IGC last month, so that’s a definite possibility.

But that, along with another big FPS from last year? Now that sounds a bit unlikely. We’ve seen some impressive stuff on PS+ before, but there’s never really two similar games, or two huge titles such as these in the same month.

The main reason that the list doesn’t hold up is with the PlayStation Vita games however, as if you’ve visited the official site for the service, you’ll know that one of the requirements for a game to get on PS+ is to be “top-rated”, with a 70+ Metacritic score. Dynasty Warriors sits at 67 and ModNation is even lower at 62.

As for Outlast, this one seems more likely. The PlayStation UK website has the 5th of February as the release date, which is around the time of the update going live.

We don’t know anything for sure – I’d say Outlast on PS4 is coming to the service, and probably BioShock Infinite at some point if not in February, but the other games don’t seem likely, unless they really have just ran out of top-rated Vita games which they want to give away.

1. SamBeThyName
    Since: Sep 2013

Get in there. I’ve been holding out for Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Skyrim. Not sure they’ll give us Skyrim, but it wouldn’t hurt Bethesda to show PS3 some love

Comment posted on 11/01/2014 at 14:40.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

Is Skyrim even available to download?

Comment posted on 11/01/2014 at 15:30.
      • SamBeThyName
        Since: Sep 2013

Good point, I’ve no idea but I’m sure they could sort it out if they wanted and win back the playstation peeps for the next gen.

Comment posted on 11/01/2014 at 16:13.
  2. Muskyy
    Since: Dec 2011

Looking forward to Outlast.

Comment posted on 11/01/2014 at 16:23.
  3. Steelhead
    Since: Oct 2013

I’ve been meaning to play both BioShock Infinite and Metro Last Light but haven’t got round to it so hopefully they will both be included. Sometimes it pays to have a big backlog of games, a backlog that’s just going to get bigger now that son has been born. Guess I shouldn’t complain too much since I have PS+ to compensate my game collection.

Comment posted on 11/01/2014 at 17:13.
  4. lambchop
    Since: Aug 2013

Cool,I’ve been looking forward to Outlast. I bet Drive club will be on plus just as I go on holiday in March!!

Comment posted on 11/01/2014 at 20:54.
  5. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

Sounds like a good lineup. If Metro is arriving on Plus I may be playing my first game on the PS3 since I got the PS4. DriveClub can’t be far off.

Comment posted on 11/01/2014 at 21:34.
    • BrendanCalls
      Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc - YOHIMBÉ!!!

It wouldn’t surprise me if Driveclub came in a separate update to the monthly updates. Probably not but here’s hoping :-D

Comment posted on 11/01/2014 at 22:31.
  6. BrendanCalls
    Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc - YOHIMBÉ!!!

Id be pleased if Outlast is confirmed. Not played an excellent Survival Horror since Dead Space 1.
    Hopefully it is excellent, looks good from what I’ve seen

Comment posted on 11/01/2014 at 22:28.
  7. salvodaze
    Since: Dec 2012

While two FPS games and a horror survival make me a little sad, I have so many games on hand so I’d rather focus on them anyway. But I’m sure this means a great month for most people, so well done, Sony. I’m really hoping for Doki-Doki Universe for PS4 at some point though, looks like a fun little game.

Comment posted on 12/01/2014 at 06:21.
  8. matthangzhou
    Since: Sep 2010

I think metro last light is a good possibility as it got good reviews but didn’t sell particularly well.

Comment posted on 12/01/2014 at 09:09.
  9. KeRaSh

I probably won’t hook up my PS3 again until Lightning Returns comes out but I’ll definitely grab Outland for the PS4. Can’t wait to shit my pants playing this. :D

Comment posted on 13/01/2014 at 07:40.