News Snatch: No Halo Movie, No Man's Sky And No PS4 Home

No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no there's no...

Blimey is it Wednesday already? Time to launch the good ship Snatch in to the depths of the interweb and continue its five year* mission, discovering new planets and new civilisations, boldly going where everyone else has gone before, just a bit later and with more snark.

*Really not doing this for five years.

We begin with three new screens from the gorgeous InFamous Second Son

Sony are testing a new patch for the PS3 version of Minecraft that should go live very shortly and this what you should expect to be tweaked and fixed.

• Fix for issue in multiplayer/splitscreen which could cause save file corruption.
  • Fix for memory issue causing random game freezes and exits to XMB.
  • Fix for being unable to join games at times (“The host has exited the game” message incorrectly being displayed).
  • Fix for splitscreen crash on adding a player when language is Russian.
  • Fix for issue which can prevent leaderboard updates and some trophy awards.
  • Fix for issue causing “No DLC offers available” message when converting trial to full version.
  • Fix for game render glitch when a new streaming music track starts up.
  • Fix for a lighting issue on a network client.
  • Fix for the block damage decal being incorrectly offset
  • Fix for selected item text not fading off screen if a menu is opened when it’s visible.
  • Fix for “Where are we now” music disc
  • Fix for issue with Ghasts firing at certain angles
  • A few rendering performance improvements

Watch this new trailer for a sneak peek of the mysteries and monsters you will face in Dark Souls II.

There were rumours of a Halo movie directed by Ridley Scott but these have been quashed. “We plan to continue telling the Halo story through innovative channels, but there are no plans for a Halo motion picture at this time,” Microsoft told Eurogamer.

On the other paw, a Tekken movie prequel has been confirmed and it has the title “A Man Called X” and will star Dead or Alive actor Kane Kosugi.

Heavy on the galleries today which makes a change from trailers I guess, this next lot shows the difference between the PS Vita and HD versions of Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation.

62,000 people have won themselves the God of War: Ascension Platinum trophy.

More screens, this time from forthcoming shooty thing, Destiny.

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare has a spunky new trailer.

News from the HR Department: Black Tusk are looking for people to help with their new Xbox One exclusive IP.

Sledgehammer are also looking for someone to help them with the next Call of Duty game. The team have worked on previous CoD titles so this is not an indication that they have taken over main development duties.

Obsidian Entertainment are looking for new peeps as well, specifically “a talented and experienced UI artist to design the user experience for a next generation game.”

Toukiden lands on PS Vita on February 14th in Europe and a couple of days beforehand in the United States. To be honest I have not heard of this game – I thought a Toukiden was when you cooked a duck inside chicken inside a turkey – but it looks quite nice.

If you are holding out for a PS4 version of Home then, er, don’t, at least not for a good long while.

“We actually haven’t talked much about Home; probably a conversation for later, we haven’t said a lot publicly about it lately other than it’s still available,” said SCEA VP of Marketing for Consoles and Handhelds, John Koller

“You know, it was really successful for us with PlayStation 3 – PlayStation 3 is still a platform that we’re supporting pretty heavily, so we’ll see,” he added.

No platforms have been announced for the VGX show stopper, No Man’s Sky, but Sean Murray, Hello Games founding chap, told Edge that he wanted the game to include a “feeling of responsiveness, of bounciness, of what I would call ‘console gameplay’. That’s how we want No Man’s Sky to feel: responsive, immediate, running at 60fps.”

To get the game running at 60fps will probably require the extra oomph of the PS4 and Xbox One.

And Finally, something weird from Sony.

1. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

I really want PvZ Garden Warfare!

Comment posted on 15/01/2014 at 12:18.
    • bunimomike

…and after that trailer I don’t think I do. I was hoping for co-op not competitive multiplayer like TF2 or BF4. Bugger. :-(

Oh well.

Comment posted on 15/01/2014 at 12:37.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

Well, at least there are team games! :)

The characters appear to have been converted wonderfully into 3D models, and the levels look big and vibrant! Would be quite nice just to have a different twist on a shooter, with all the PvZ charm.

Comment posted on 15/01/2014 at 12:57.
      • bunimomike

I was hoping for that. In a way, more like Dungeon Defenders. Competitive multiplayer makes me want to vomit until my hands fall off.

Comment posted on 15/01/2014 at 12:59.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

Haha, I too am getting like that. I used to play CoD for hours but now I find myself getting frustrated far too easily and don’t really enjoy it. Co-op is where it’s at!

Comment posted on 15/01/2014 at 14:00.
  2. beeje13
    Since: Jan 2010

That middle Second Son screenshot looks amazing.

Comment posted on 15/01/2014 at 12:36.
    • KeRaSh

The water in the first screenshot looks amazing, too!
      Can’t wait for this to come out. I think I might pre order it now.

Comment posted on 16/01/2014 at 14:20.
  3. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Toukiden is the new soul sacrifice, can’t wait for this game! And also I am one of the GoW:A 62,000 platties but how many out of the 62,000 beat it without the patch for the 8 trials?!

Comment posted on 15/01/2014 at 12:41.
  4. Germanos
    Since: May 2011

From what I have seen Toukiden looks far more appealing to me than Soul Sacrifice. The art design of Toukiden is exactly what I like, while Soul Sacrifice is just to wicked for me :P Looking forward to.

Comment posted on 15/01/2014 at 13:34.
  5. BullyBurton
    Since: Feb 2013

They’ll make a Halo movie when the franchise is milked dry, boosting enough interest to warrant another lap around the Halo universe. Sadly it all died with Halo 3 for me, since then I’ve found it mildly entertaining at the very least. Damn good read though if you are into the franchise and those book thingies of the past.

Dark Souls II —> Halo Movie :-p

Comment posted on 15/01/2014 at 14:21.
  6. hazelam

so, they’re not making the Halo movie, but are they still making the series?
    everything’s gone worryingly quiet on that front.

Comment posted on 15/01/2014 at 15:33.
  7. XIII_WarMachine
    Since: Jan 2014

Dark Souls II looks fantastic! I will definitely be picking this game up on release day.

Comment posted on 16/01/2014 at 01:14.
  8. Lieutenant Fatman
    Since: Jul 2013

Shame to hear about Home, I bet that would work well on PS4, having said that, I wouldn’t want it to be a priority. Plenty of other things I’d rather Sony focus on at the moment.

Comment posted on 16/01/2014 at 11:19.
  9. Steelhead
    Since: Oct 2013

Excited for infamous second son. Will probably be one of the first titles I pick up for PS4, whenever I actually get around to buying one.

Comment posted on 16/01/2014 at 15:58.