Clantastic! Killzone Shadow Fall Clan System Patched Early Next Month

Clan they fix it, yes they clan!

The first phase of the Killzone Shadow Fall clan system will arrive in patch 1.09 which is currently slated for an early February release.

The patch will include clan tags within the game itself and the Killzone website will be used for creating and managing clans.

“We truly appreciate the passion you’ve demonstrated in helping Killzone Shadow Fall become the best it can be, and we apologize for the time it’s taking to implement our full vision for the clan system,” explained Victor Zuylen from Guerrilla.

Quite how a competitive shooter managed to ship without a clan system is a puzzle in the first place but the wait will soon be over. Meeting up with the TSA crew for Tuesday night shooting in the head was one of my favourite things to do in Killzone 2, even if I was a bit crap at it.

I suspect an enterprising individual (read: me) will set up a TSA clan and lay waste to the hordes that oppose our might!

Source: Killzone

1. djdustb
    Since: Nov 2008

It is good to see that even though this game has it’s issues, they are being addressed. I for one will look forward to joining a TSA clan when it is available.

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 11:05.
  2. Eldaveo
    Since: Oct 2013

Nice timing. Ordered a new phone contract last night and was surprised to see its coming with a PS4 and Killzone :D

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 11:12.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

Sweet. That means you can bin off that Betamax and trade in your copy of Forza for DriveClub. ;)

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 11:27.
      • Eldaveo
        Since: Oct 2013

LOL, what it means is that I can have the best of both worlds, playing the likes of Killzone and Infamous on my PS4 while also playing Titanfall on Friday’s with my friends – well, when they fix party chat and therefore make playing games with friends possible… ;)

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 11:41.
  3. bunimomike

Just out of interest, how does this make Killzone players feel? I’m always curious when devs roll stuff out (for multiplayer) this late on into the game being out. Has everyone moved on? Is Killzone still as busy as can be online?

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 13:00.
    • Crazy_Del

Yes it is still busy, I play MP everyday and team up with onlytonyc whenever he is online. We own Killzone MP

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 13:36.
    • BullyBeef 47
      Since: Feb 2013

I have had a fair few bouts on Shadow Fall multiplayer and sadly felt it was all uninspiring. With Battlefield 4 and Ghosts out too, KZ:SF just didn’t offer enough for me. Sure it is a nice looking, fluid and polished MP experience, but fell short of features and has a weird system in place for levelling up so to speak.

I really hoped Shadow Fall would return the franchise to the Killzone 2 glory days – but it just didn’t grab me and there are not many playing it. Perhaps if it had been the only choice at launch I may have played it more, but samey game play and competition means even a clan system doesn’t tempt me into jumping back online. A real shame really, the franchise had potential and I actually prefer Mercenaries over Shadow Fall.

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 13:42.
      • bunimomike

Thanks for both replying. I’m just wondering where that sweet spot is for devs to get the DLC/major patches/updates done where they have enough time to do them but don’t take so long as to be irrelevant because everyone’s buggered off to play something else! :-)

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 14:48.
      • BullyBeef 47
        Since: Feb 2013

I think Killzone has always been different enough to appeal to a smaller audience becoming hardcore fans or not bothering with the franchise anymore. Sadly Shadow Fall seems to have not sat well with the existing fans and is little more than a visual showcase to anyone else.
        It still has the same “feel” as regards control though, which is a good thing. Perhaps more content through dlc could refresh it all but then the line-up for PS4 is looking great and I doubt I will pull myself away from Infamous Second Son to endure Shadow Fall MP again, not matter what they do.

That all being said, it really is a matter of opinion. Some people love it and may still be on it months/years from now. There will always be the KZ fans on it and a steady trickle of new PS4 adopters having a blast no doubt.

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 15:25.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

Killzone is *THE* PlayStation Shooter. It will always be busy, same way Halo will always be busy.

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 15:18.
      • BullyBeef 47
        Since: Feb 2013

I disagree, I think Killzone is too different to be the PlayStation Shooter, in a good way. Killzone requires a different style and patience to learn the heavier controls, slower combat and the more rewarding experience for good teamwork and increasing ones skills.

Halo is the Xbox shooter as it is fast paced, fairly generic “twitch” shooter. The mind set required to be any good in either are too different, a 6 year old can pick up Halo and start blazing away, much like CoD. But fun in Killzone requires (no pun intended) getting into the “zone” and adapting to a different style of FPS.

I think new PS4 adopters will play Shadow Fall briefly before a relapse to CoD/Battlefield. Even as a Killzone fan I would rather play Battlefield 4 right now. A few months will see the Shadow Fall servers humming to cater for a select few who are die hard KZ fans and no fun to go up against, mixed with KZ virgins who’ll play a match or two then go home crying.

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 15:36.
      • Tuffcub
        On the naughty step.

I meant brand wise, not that its “the best”, that’s up to people’s tastes.

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 15:56.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

Not for me I’m afraid. I tried to get into it but couldn’t, traded my copy in about 2 days after the PS4 was released. One FPS is enough for me and thats BF4.

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 15:58.
  4. Eldur
    Since: Nov 2012

I’d be interested in a TSA clan, if one’s in the offing.

Now all Guerrilla need to do is introduce a patch that punishes those guys in Warzone who just stand at the top of the staircases in Penthouse with their nano shields and turrets resulting in yet ANOTHER 5-0 white wash…

Preferably with a kick in the nuts.

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 17:31.
  5. RudeAwakening
    Since: Jan 2011

I’m definitely interested in joining the TSA clan. Really enjoying the more slow paced feel of the MP.

Comment posted on 22/01/2014 at 21:37.