Battlefield 4: Second Assault Coming To PS Next Week, Naval Strike In March

Clash of the Aircraft Carriers.

DICE are back on the wagon, when it comes to working on DLC and other projects, and are set to bring two major new content packages over the next two months.

Right in the middle of the Player Appreciation Month scheme running through February – where players are given Battlepacks for logging in – Second Assault will land on February 18th for Premium users on PS4, PS3, PC and Xbox 360. Regular users will be able to get it in a fortnight, while Xbox One gamers have been able to play this since launch as part of a timed exclusivity deal.

Second Assault brings back a more classic Capture The Flag mode, as well as four maps from Battlefield 3 that have been updated with Levolution and slightly altered layouts. The maps are Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, Operation Metro and Gulf of Oman (itself originally from Battlefield 2).

NavalStrike-IL1

More exciting is the Naval Strike pack coming in March, which will feature four particularly watery maps in Lost Island, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker and Operation Mortar, a new amphibious hovercraft vehicle (I love hovercraft), a few new guns and the Carrier Assault game mode.

Carrier Assault is to be an homage to Titan mode from the futuristic Battlefield 2142, which saw the two teams trying to detroy the others’ Titan in a couple of ways. An audacious assault could board the Titan and destroy the central core, or they could capture Anti-Titan missile silos dotted around the map, which would regularly fire missiles at the Titan for a more attritional victory.

Translating that to a battle between two aircraft carriers, it’s easy to imaging the desperate defence from boarding actions and fraught corridor fighting in the heart of a carrier.

As with the other packs, Premium users will get a two week headstart with this content.

Via VG247, Battlefield

1. Pidge
    Since: Oct 2012

So the question must be, will the PS4 version suffer from the ridiculous lag and rubber banding that has plagued the regular maps over the last week or so and the incessant issues that have been there since launch! The game and premium have cost me 90 quid and it’s a disgrace! The problem is, for one solitary hour or so last night it played like a dream! I thought ‘at last’ but then it fell back to it’s laggy ways!

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 13:24.
  2. Bilbo_bobbins

sigh….I just want a fixed game with out ridiculous lag/rubberbanding. Once I have that, then I might think about buying DLC.

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 13:32.
  3. matthangzhou
    Since: Sep 2010

From the above comments I’m glad I didn’t upgrade to the ps4 version

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 13:41.
  4. Broonba
    Since: Mar 2009

I’ve been playing regularly over the last few weeks and have encountered lag now and again. What I don’t understand is the “rubberbanding” that’s been mentioned…..what exactly is it??

Back on topic, I’m looking forward to getting this new map pack and trying out the new game modes and weapons.

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 14:11.
    • Pidge
      Since: Oct 2012

Rubberbanding is when u are running forward and suddenly catapulted back to a previous position on the map

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 14:31.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

I witnessed the rubber banding for the first time the other day. Luckily for me, I think the only reason I witnessed it is because I actually had a game on Conquest as opposed to Rush. I guess it’s probably to do with the 64 player thing as I never have a problem on Rush.
      It’ll be interesting to see how the hovercraft and more watery maps thing pans out.

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 15:12.
      • Bilbo_bobbins

this is the problem, the massive lag and rubberbanding is mainly on all Conquest Large maps. It makes the whole point of upgrading to the PS4 version for 64 player games, absolutely pointless.

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 16:02.
  5. MICKY17

Ooh sounds good. The new naval maps sound really interesting too and never played Titan mode so can’t wait to give it a go! Plus I love capture the flag!!

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 14:37.
  6. SLUMMO316
    Banned
    Since: Aug 2013

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 16:37.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

The emblems have been working now on the PS4 version for about a week… Not sure about other platforms. Before that they only worked on Asian servers. Try one of them, they’ve always worked on them since day 1 which is weird.

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 18:33.
      • SLUMMO316
        Banned
        Since: Aug 2013

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 19:44.
  7. doug
    Since: Oct 2008

Haven’t had any issues online so I must be one of the lucky ones. I might get premium because I’m enjoying it online more than I thought my only gripe is with the sniper rifles they are all bolt action until you unlock the straight pull and then you have to adjust for distance even when you unlock the range finder you still have to piss about setting the distance I know they wanted to make it feel realistic but I just want to aim and shoot not worry about bullet drop or calculate the distance beforehand. What they should have done is when you unlock the range finder it should calculate it for you automatically

Comment posted on 14/02/2014 at 17:19.
    • minerwilly

Had no issues either ,only been playing for 3 weeks though so must have been patched out by then. Absolutely brilliant game ,its the reason I bought my PS4.

Comment posted on 15/02/2014 at 22:43.