New Second Son Screens Arrive With News Of A Series Sale

Catch up on your series history.

If you’re a PlayStation 4 owner, there’s probably one game in the near future that you’re most looking forward to. The next big exclusive release for the platform is the third full game in the inFamous series and the savvy marketers at Sony have seen fit to celebrate by zapping down the prices of the previous inFamous instalments on the PSN Store.

You can get the inFamous Collection, which bundles everything for £15.38 but if you want the individual games those are £7.36 for the first and £10.39 for the excellent inFamous 2. Festival of Blood, the vampiric downloadable title is only £5.59 and all transactions will be an extra 10% off if you’re a PlayStation Plus member.

Here’s the full region-specific pricing:

• inFamous Collection:
    Was: €34.99/AU$51.95/£28.49, now €18.89/AU$28.05/£15.38
    Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members
  • inFamous:
    Was: €14.99/AU$17.95/£10.99, now €10.04/AU$12.02/£7.36
    Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members
  • inFamous 2:
    Was: €19.99/AU$24.95/£15.99, now €12.99/AU$16.21/£10.39
    Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members
  • inFamous Festival of Blood:
    Was: €9.99/AU$14.45/£7.99, now €6.99/AU$10.11/£5.59
    Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

The discounts will stand from today until the 26th of February and to herald their arrival, the PS Blog has posted a couple of new screens for March’s inFamous: Second Son.

Source: EU PS Blog

1. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

Still in 2 minds whether to bother with this game or not. Visually it looks great but I just couldn’t see the appeal with the first 2. I’ll probably now get lynched but I honestly thought they were crap. :)
    Due to the lack of games and the fact I’m just constantly playing BF4 I’ll probably buy a copy if I can find it cheap from somewhere.

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 12:10.
    • hornet1990
      Since: Mar 2011

Each to their own! I actually started playing 1 last night and it seemed decent enough. In two minds whether to cancel my preorder for Second Son though and pick it up in a few months when it’ll no doubt be under £30 – could get Shadow Fall for £25 the other day, and I picked up Ghosts for £33 new so between that and recent PS+ titles I’m not short of stuff to play…

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 12:58.
      • Stefan L
        Community Team

@Dave – Probably won’t be for you, then. They’ve done a lot to improve and streamline how the game plays, but it has a lot in common with the first two.

@Hornet – But for you, I’d say to check if you added inFamous 2 to your account via PS+ and see how you get on with that game. It’s quite a big improvement, just as SS will be an improvement over inFamous 2.

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 15:41.
      • hornet1990
        Since: Mar 2011

Yeah it’s in my PS+ backlog, but I’m a long way from having the 28gb of space needed to download and install it!

How much does the Second Son story depend on having played either/both the first two?

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 17:49.
      • Stefan L
        Community Team

Not very much. It’s set after 2 chronologically, but has a different character in a different city and it’s set several years after.

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 23:23.
  2. tactical20

Really enjoyed 1, 2 & Festival, so all over this! Besides, with the exception of Watch Dogs, I don’t think there’s anything else coming out that really interests me until September!

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 12:28.
  3. stonyk

Money on Infamous 1 or 2 on PS Plus very soon…

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 12:47.
    • hornet1990
      Since: Mar 2011

Think we’ve already had 2 on PS+, and wasn’t 1 available in the post-hack freebies? Seem to recall being very cynical at the time that it was a marketing ploy given 2 was due out not long afterwards…

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 12:52.
      • stonyk

Ha Ha. Was thinking of getting 2 but probably have it in my back log of PS PLUS games already.

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 13:01.
  4. bigchrissyc
    Since: Aug 2013

I loved the originals. Been looking forward to this for a while.

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 12:51.
    • boeboe
      Since: Feb 2013

I think you came up trumps with the new avatar ‘regime’. lol

Comment posted on 19/02/2014 at 13:03.
  5. Bilbo_bobbins

Really on the fence with this. It looks stunning in some shots, average in others. The gameplay looks boring and the same as the others too, which I didn’t really enjoy.

Comment posted on 20/02/2014 at 09:31.