PlayStation Plus March Content Confirmed

Zombies, tombs, brothers and monsters.

The rumours and leaks were right. The EU PS Blog has just posted up confirmation of what’s coming to PlayStation Plus in March and it matches up with the bits and pieces that we’d been hearing about for a couple of weeks. That’s no bad thing, of course.

The PlayStation 4 loses Outlast (or Sound Shapes) but gains Housemarque’s top-down zombie shooter, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition. That’s the full game and the DLC that we’ve seen before on PS3 and it could make for an excellent subject in TSA’s Plus Points Challenge next month…

PlayStation 3 is getting Tomb Raider and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons which are both very well loved games, for very different reasons. Tomb Raider is an excellent, big budget action adventure and Brothers is a clever indie puzzler. Both are very much worth your time, if you’ve yet to enjoy them.

The Vita isn’t left out either, it’ll get Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD, which is a brilliant tower defence game that was born on the PSP but the visual upgrade is luscious and the gameplay is extremely compelling. The Vita also gets Smart As… which is a kind of quiz/brain training game that I wasn’t very keen on… Still, for the grand old price of free, you mustn’t grumble!

Here’s the full list of comings and goings:

Leaving PS Plus on 5th March:

• Outlast/Sound Shapes
  • Metro Last Light
  • Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)
  • Dynasty Warriors Next
  • ModNation Racers Road Trip

Entering PS Plus on 5th March:

• Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition
  • Tomb Raider
  • Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
  • Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD
  • Smart As

Source: EU PS Blog

1. ArrebatoTarugo
    Since: Jul 2013

I am looking forward to play Pixeljunk Monsters and Dead Nation. I didn’t like the demo of Brothers but I will have another go. (I have Tom Raider and not interested in Smart as.)

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 16:14.
  2. SamBeThyName
    Since: Sep 2013

Good times. I’d held off buying Tomb Raider, hoping that it would come to PS+. I wonder when the PS4 will start to get some “proper” games?

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 16:43.
  3. vjmwilliams
    Since: Jan 2014

Looking forward to the Vita & PS4 offerings. Not sure it’s enough to get me off KZ multiplayer yet but they’ll keep for a rainy day. To add to the previous comments, i purchased my Vita alongside the ps4 on day one. It was purchased for remote play but gets used for indie offerings 95% of the time and i’m loving it. Feelings would probably be different if i’d dropped >£200 after the promise of AAA titles!

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 17:17.
  4. sick__puppy

Just hoping the TSA points challenge will be dead nation and allow a co op score. Always better playing with my girlfriend. :-)

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 17:19.
    • Lyts1985
      Since: Jan 2009

It’s always better playing with a girl than playing with yourself… ;-)

Purely in a gaming sense you understand…!

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 17:21.
      • sick__puppy

Of course ;-)

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 17:25.
  5. Steelhead
    Since: Oct 2013

Will certainly be adding tomb raider to my backlog. Maybe brothers too, I wouldn’t pay for such a short title but since its free.

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 18:13.
  6. daz_rock5
    Since: Feb 2014

Already own tomb raider (Brilliant game) looking forward to Brothers a tale of two sons …

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 19:33.
  7. DividSmythe
    Since: May 2012

I look forward to Read nation too. I’ll also give Pixeljunk monsters for a try. A friend brought on my account on Ps3 but never really liked it. So I’ll give it another try.

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 19:35.
  8. mclarenrob2
    Since: Jul 2012

Even though it’s early days, giving us a PS3 game for the PS4 just goes to show the lack of games at the moment.

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 19:53.
  9. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

Looking forward to Tomb Raider, will be added to my backlog. Dead Nation is excellent, but I’ve completed that a while ago, so I’ll maybe just drop by for a comparison.
    I’ll definitely renew my Plus in March, I’m perfectly happy with it. I don’t expect them to give full retail games away for free, and the PS3 offering is amazing.
    Love my Vita, but the single account policy is a shame, as I can’t play my Plus games on my main account.

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 20:08.
    • Andrewww
      Since: Jan 2010

Full PS4 retail games I meant… ;o)

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 20:09.
  10. Lyts1985
    Since: Jan 2009

Just Dead Nation for me… A little disappointed this month as I found Dead Nation very tough going (more fun in co-op maybe?) and already own both that and Tomb Raider. Ah well, it’s something new to play I guess.

Comment posted on 27/02/2014 at 21:25.