News Snatch: Shaq Fu, The Division And Easter Eggs

"Friday I'm in love (with News Snatch)" - The Cure.

Not exactly packed with exciting news today but I am just heading out to buy a robotic vacuum cleaner, which is very exciting indeed.

Onto the games then and the reboot of Shaq Fu is an actual thing and not a joke. It also comes with a rather dubious IndieGoGo campaign in which you can pay $6500 to work on the game (!) or $25,000 to have dinner the Shaq – but you have to pay for your own flights to Atlanta.

If you are in the United States and call 1-844-HELP-DUP (1-844-435-7387) then you will hear an inFamous Second Son Easter Egg. Alternatively, click here to listen to the audio.

Criterion co-founders Alex Ward and Fiona Sperry have announced their new studio, Three Fields Entertainment. They will be releasing games “for all platforms where we can self-publish”, so that includes consoles and mobile.

Two new screens from The Division, they look lovely but don’t give much away.

Need For Speed Rivals has got itself a bit of free DLC, the Koenigsegg One:1.

This is not a joke: Goat Simulator will be released on April 1st.

Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is almost done. Woo!

DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops II sneaked on to the store earlier in the week. No, that is not me being confused; it really is for Black Ops II, not Ghosts.

whutttt
Meanwhile, on TwitchTV via The Playroom….

Retro fans will be pleased to learn that the complete Turrican soundtrack is now available on Spotify.

The Independant has a rather inappropriate but amusing report of a man being stabbed by the Master Sword from Zelda.

Few could doubt the power of the Master Sword, not only has it defeated countless incarnations of Ganondorf in the Legend of Zelda series, but now it has hospitalised a Texan.

The ex-husband was taken to hospital following the altercation, but not before he, in true Zelda fashion, smashed a pot.

Read the full story (and the equally amusing comments) here.

IwcX6lM
Have you spotted the Resogun ship hiding in Dead Nation?

And Finally, Mario Kart 8 is the latest title to ship with a bit of plastic tat that collect dust on the shelf.

1. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Goat Sim looks hilarious, don’t think you can go wrong at $10!

Comment posted on 07/03/2014 at 14:11.
    • TheDemocrodile

Damn right, It’s nice to see a game created out of pure silliness for the purposes of fun.

Pre-ordered. Only the third time I’ve ever pre-ordered anything too, GOATY!

Comment posted on 09/03/2014 at 19:03.
  2. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

It makes me sad to watch that Blops DLC video. How the game has fallen from CoD4, being a fairly realistic, simple shooter, to where you buy terrible, terribly cheesey gun camos and reticles. Wish the focus was on the gameplay. Also finding the spawning and lag compensation on Ghosts awful – definitely my last CoD game without dedicated servers. Gonna have to stop being shit at Shadow Fall!

Nice pics from The Division, it’s probably my most anticipated game for PS4.

Comment posted on 07/03/2014 at 14:24.
    • wonkey-willy
      Since: Jan 2010

yeah but i bet you downloaded the free festive pack for ghosts.. i know i did and i hate customization packs….apart from the last one on blops2 which was a dayglo orange affair which pretty much highlighted where every douche camping tit was hiding
      and the division is soooo on my to buy list..

Comment posted on 08/03/2014 at 20:15.
  3. TSBonyman

Turrican soundtrack? Could that possibly mean a Turrican remake in the works? That would be awesome.

Comment posted on 07/03/2014 at 14:41.
  4. hornet1990
    Since: Mar 2011

Ah crap, just sold NFS:Rivals and I really loved the Koenigsegg in Most Wanted… Let’s hope it comes to PS+ soon.

The Division looks nice but they’re still worryingly only showing the same scenes they’ve shown before… and after the Watch Dogs visual downgrade from the reveal (mega understatement!) I’m starting to think it won’t look anything like as good by the time we get our mitts on it… Still, fingers crossed as at least The Division isn’t cross generation. Any new news about Rainbow 6: Patriots?

Comment posted on 07/03/2014 at 14:46.
    • Amphlett

Paddy Power are taking bets on NFS:Rivals hitting PS+ on PS4 this August (they’re not really, it’s just my guess).

Comment posted on 07/03/2014 at 16:31.
      • hornet1990
        Since: Mar 2011

I can see it happening, but not within a month or two of Driveclub being released. Which I reckon means either next month (which feels way too soon) or we won’t see it until at least August as you say… not that I’m that fussed. I found it ok, hell of a grind and not a patch on Most Wanted.

Comment posted on 07/03/2014 at 16:41.
    • wonkey-willy
      Since: Jan 2010

oh please we need a new rainbow 6 i lurrrrrved every one of them..

Comment posted on 08/03/2014 at 20:17.
  5. blast71
    Since: May 2012

I love new snatch too…
    I guarantee to lower the tone on every post;P

Comment posted on 07/03/2014 at 17:22.
  6. tactical20

Something new I saw… Ducktales (Awooohooo) HD is getting a disc release. Bit odd, but thought I’d mention it.

Comment posted on 08/03/2014 at 01:13.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

It was meant to come out on disc when it came out on digital, got delayed I guess.

Comment posted on 08/03/2014 at 20:16.