A New Battlefield: Hardline Beta Will Come To All Platforms Before Launch

Hardline for everyone.

If you are feeling left out by not having access to a PS4 and the Battlefield: Hardine beta then fear not, there are two very good reasons why you should not worry.

Firstly, it’s a bit crap. Yes it is, stop arguing. Secondly, a new beta – not the version on PS4 and PC – will be coming to “all platforms” before the game launches.

“We will have a beta on all platforms before release,” explained DICE’s General Manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson. ”But it won’t be this beta on Xbox. It’s not going to be the same version, just to be clear.”

DICE are pushing ahead with the beta tests as they hope to avoid the technical issues that plagued the launch Battlefield 4 last year.

We basically have code in the hands of players already, here at E3. We’ve never done that before,” said Karl-Magnus. “We do it both because we want their feedback of course, but also because in the background we are testing various things. We’re going to continue doing more tests like this.”

Source: OXM

1. rossthebassist

It is a total reskin no doubt in my mind, I feel it plays better than BF4. That being said this is DLC at best im not paying £50 – £65 + 40 for premium for this, ill play the next beta, hopfully they will make allot of changes to make it feel unique but i have been thus far thouroghly dissapointed with it.

Comment posted on 16/06/2014 at 12:57.
    • wonkey-willy
      Since: Jan 2010

at last someone who agrees with me..
      at best this is a £20.00 add on and not a full blown game.
      a lot like the vietnam pack for bad company.

Comment posted on 16/06/2014 at 13:54.
      • Kubr1ck

Firstly, am I the only one that thinks they should be making more Bad Company? I loved both those games. Much more fun to play than BF3/4.

Secondly, didn’t I read somewhere that EA stated they had no plans to annualise Battlefield?

I totally agree that the beta feels like it should be DLC. Even if it has a kick ass single player I think it will be hard for most people to justify spending £50 on it. The sad thing is you’ve got some talented devs, working hard on something that feels very much like a cash grab.

C’mon EA let’s have Battlefield: Bad Company 3. Put a smile on our faces.

Comment posted on 16/06/2014 at 14:25.
      • Bilbo_bobbins

Bad Company 3 would be perfect, I loved the first two. BC2 was my favourite Battlefield. Still beats BF3 and BF4.

Comment posted on 16/06/2014 at 14:49.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

Like I’ve stated before, I would be more than happy with a new gen version of Bad Company 2 to play online. New animations, higher res textures, better lighting & so fourth.
        I know people are moaning about next gen remakes but I genuinely think this would be pretty welcome, probably more welcome than Hardline or a BF5 etc.

Comment posted on 16/06/2014 at 16:26.
      • hornet1990
        Since: Mar 2011

Seem to recall hearing that most of the people who made BC1 & 2 are no longer at DICE, so it probably wouldn’t be the same anyway :(

Comment posted on 16/06/2014 at 18:00.
      • Moonpie
        Since: Oct 2012

Luckily a friend gave me his Beta code so I could have a go, I enjoyed playing it but no way is it worth the price of a full game plus with Dragon Age, Assassins and Far Cry coming out I’ve got much better things to spend my money on.

Also having never played Bad Company but from hearing people sing it’s praises I would like an updated version so I can have at it.

Comment posted on 22/06/2014 at 19:26.
  2. wonkey-willy
    Since: Jan 2010

oh and plus one Tuff
    “Firstly, it’s a bit crap”
    yes it is!

Comment posted on 16/06/2014 at 13:56.
  3. Bilbo_bobbins

Agree with this. It’s a bit crap is an understatement. It’s BF4 with a new skin, but just completely crap, well the game modes they have.

I wont be touching this at all. I’ll give the beta a go but from what I’ve seen so far, no thank you. It should be DLC or something for £20-£25 for those who have BF4 already.

Comment posted on 16/06/2014 at 14:48.
  4. willbuchanan
    Since: Apr 2010

I’m going to go out there and say it – I’ve really enjoyed the beta, it’s encouraged me to want the full game, which is surely the main idea! It’s bright, engaging, dramatic, full on and fun – to be honest that’s pretty much what I want from a game!

Comment posted on 16/06/2014 at 19:37.