The Destiny Alpha was a rather fun thing to play I found, and it shot my interest in the game from very low to now quite intrigued. There was no question that lots of people would want access to the alpha, and now Bungie has released some figures on things like how many enemies were killed, and how many control points were captured by players in the Capture mode in Crucible mode. One of the big statistics that does jump out is that within a few days 6,461,871 games were played.
The other figures are as follows:
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
The primary weapons got the most kills which is expected, but seeing the super ability and secondary weapon kills quite close together is more of surprise. It usually took a little bit of work to gain the super ability, but they’re able to kill more than enemy at a time. The Destiny Beta will be launching in July and pre-ordering guarantees a spot, and it appears for the time being that will be the only way to access it.