News Snatch: Tekken X Street Fighter, NHL 15 And Lego Batman 3

Like news, but shorter.

A trailer for Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham from Comic Con which features Robin transforming into an aircraft. Wait, what?

“Thomas was on phones” joshes out esteemed editor after reading the news that Thomas Was Alone is now available for Android devices and iPhones for the special price of £2.49 / $3.99. Be quick, that offer ends today.

Street Fighter X Tekken was out yonks ago but Tekken X Street Fighter has been noticeably absent. Fear not, the game is still in development in the bowels of Bandai Namco, “It is proceeding. It hasn’t been canceled, so please relax,” said producer Katsuhiro Harada at San Diego Comic-Con.

A couple of videos for NHL 15, which is a sport on ice with sticks. That’s about as far as my knowledge goes, sorry.

Destiny will only have one “destination” per planet on launch, according to this Twitch feed from Bungie’s Community Manager, David ‘Deej’ Dague.

The Driveclub chaps, Evolution, have often mentioned Morpheus, so it was assumed that their game would make use of the hardware when it arrives, but apparently not.

“Project Morpheus is a fantastic piece of hardware and it’s something that really excites me as a gamer,” said Driveclub game director Paul Rustchynsky. “Evolution has a dedicated team who have been working on it from day one, so we have a keen eye on it – but it’s not something we’re looking at for Driveclub just now.”

velocity
A cute Easter Egg for Velocity 2X in Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty.

Naughty Dog has discussed Crash Bandicoot and Jak 4 possibilities but conclude they have “no immediate plans.”

Visit the code redemption page on EA’s digital service, Origin, and typing ‘I-LOVE-THE-SIMS’ will get you a free copy of The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection. The offer is valid until the end of the month.

Sunset Overdrive will include physics for the clothes in the game, and includes a green kangaroo codpiece.

And Finally, how about a Vita tap dancing game?

1. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

I’m assuming Tekken X SF was put on the backburner to focus on Tekken 7. It’s probably also being moved to Unreal Engine 4, then.

One destination per planet in Destiny sucks, especially since the only thing tying old Russia to Earth are rusty cars.

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 11:11.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

Other destinations will be available as DLC. I think it’s bit too early to moan as there is bound to be plenty of gameplay for your money.

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 11:37.
      • TSBonyman

I played it for a good few hours yesterday, there’s a lot to like about the game but there are some negatives too and for me one of those would be how quickly the missions became repetitive due to the small map area.

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 11:54.
  2. TSBonyman

One destination per planet? That’s disappointing, i guess they’re leaving room for DLC.

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 11:42.
  3. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

I won’t be buying Destiny anyway and it is early to say, but 1 destination per planet on release does sound a bit disappointing for people who like the beta.
    To me it seems like you’re going to be constantly running around maps in a game doing side-missions, almost like you’ve already completed the (non-existent) single player campaign. Sorry guys :)

On another note, I’ve just ordered TLOU again for the PS4 (I’m more than happy to buy it again with a few visual improvements etc).
    Does any know whether Tesco sometimes post games off early?
    It says Saturday for delivery but I can’t see them sending it out on a Saturday delivery.

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 11:56.
    • DividSmythe
      Since: May 2012

I’ve received games a day early from Tesco on couple of times of using them. It’ll probably change for you though :)

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 13:18.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

Fingers crossed for Thursday then.

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 13:34.
  4. Amphlett

Holy heart failure Batman! The sound on Lego Batman 3 trailer at 0:57 and onwards is appalling.

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 12:29.
  5. jayboy31

That’s not robin turning into a plane, that’s Plastic Man. I think? :)
    The boy and I will love this, of it’s as good as 2 (without the bugs!)

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 12:57.
    • Eldur
      Since: Nov 2012

Definitely Plastic Man. Good spot.

And the Martian Manhunter transformation was pretty cool!

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 14:26.
  6. parryman
    Since: Apr 2012

I went to watch a fight, but a hockey game broke out.

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 13:17.
  7. doug
    Since: Oct 2008

Destiny reminded me a bit like warframe as you only do missions on one planet then a big end boss level before you can unlock the next planet. They don’t even need to do a sequel just bring out planets as DLC or an entirely new solar system with lots of planets and new missions. Imagine a season pass where you get an entirely new solar system to explore a bit like the map of mass effect I’d buy that for a dollar ( but it’ll probably cost a bit more than that )

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 16:29.
  8. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

So if Evolution has a dedicated team working on Project Morpheus since day one, but have no plans to include it in DriveClub, then what are they working on it for? DriveClub 2?

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 17:57.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

They say “at present”. Morpheus ‘aint out till late next year at the latest so perhaps a Driveclub + All DLC + Morpehus for Christmas 2015. They’re going to have to bundle some games with the hardware and it’s cheaper to retro fit something.

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 19:15.
      • gazzagb
        Master of speling mitakse

Oh right, for some reason I had in my head Morpheus was coming out later on this year / early next year, but now I’m thinking I got confused with PS Now.

I guess it’s good there will be a decent catelogue of games to play it with, no one will want to drop a few hundread quid on hardware with no games to use with.

Comment posted on 28/07/2014 at 20:09.