Out cavalcade of guests continues this week, with long time friend of the podcast Peter Willington making an appearance this week. He joins Lewis, Kev and I, to talk about games and movies, and to try and solve a close to impossible quiz.
Before we get to that, however, we of course took a look at the week’s news. As Peter’s day job over at AppSpy is set firmly in the mobile world, he managed to give us some insight into microtransactions when we took a look at Evolution’s DLC pricing, and noted the lack of mobile representation in this year’s BAFTA Game Awards Norminations.
Peter also gave us a quick rundown of what’s going on in mobile gaming at the moment and, in a more console focussed section, told us about Assassin’s Creed Rogue. Then there’s Kev, who’s seen 12 Years A Slave and has decided to work on a new game development challenge focussed around maps. While we may mock him slightly, the concept for his new game does sound interesting.
As for Lewis, he’s been playing Apotheon on PS4, a game that we couldn’t quite decide how to pronounce. Although he had a lot of praise for the game’s visuals, he wasn’t overly impressed by the title overall.
If you want to know about what I’ve been up to, it mostly revolves around buying a PS4. Yes, I’ve finally joined the current gen, on a HDTV no less, so any recommendations would be very welcome.
Finally we have a quiz from Lewis that was just comically difficult. We then wrap things up with your questions, as we always do.
- Please send us questions via email to podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tweet questions to @TSAPodcast.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- We’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
- Or, if SoundCloud’s more your sort of thing, we now post the podcast over there too, which you can see embedded below.
- Finally, the podcast now appears on Stitcher as well.
Get us on Twitter: