Far Cry: Primal Will Not Have Co-Op

Single player shenanigans

Unlike it’s big brother Far Cry 4, Far Cry: Primal will not include any co-op missions. A potential customer on the Steam forums noted the game was listed as single player only and asked if this was the case, and the developer responded:

Correct. We are focusing entirely on creating the best possible Far Cry experience for our fans. Bringing the Stone Age to life and providing players with a strong gameplay experienced based off of the Far Cry legacy meant that we had to reinvent our core gameplay loop.

This was definitely not a small undertaking. Our focus was on delivering this fantasy which required clear priorities for the team. Therefore, in the early stages of the project, we made the difficult choice of focusing our efforts on the single player experience.

This does conflict with the recent rating of the game in Australia which listed “online activity” alongside plenty of sex, drugs and nudity. Wahey!

Source: Steam

Read more:
  1. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

Shame, had a lot of fun getting half cut and playing with Youles on this.

My kind of game though so surely will pick this up.

Comment posted on 05/01/2016 at 11:43.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

This is a real shame, as the most fun I had with this was co-op with you.

It’s their decision to make but I think it’s a shame, open-world games like this suit co-op and Dying Light managed it very well with up to 4 players.

Anyway, I won’t be getting this as I’m not too fussed about the “older” setting…and I tend to want to take a break from repeat franchises, so will wait for FarCry 5.

Comment posted on 05/01/2016 at 11:50.
  2. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Why the elephant not!?

It’s Far Cry! People love co-op in Far Cry. Co-op leads to more sales. More sales lead to more cash. More cash leads to more jelly baby fuel parties.

Hang on, is this Far Cry 4’s version of Blood Dragon?

Comment posted on 05/01/2016 at 16:05.
    • JR.
      Since: Apr 2013

Thought you were channelling Yoda there for a moment but fear never lead to more jelly baby fuel parties. Maybe it should have.

Comment posted on 05/01/2016 at 19:04.
  3. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

I’m more disappointed that it doesn’t include dinosaurs. Missed opportunity if you ask me. Who wants to fight lions and furry elephants. Ugh.

I can’t wait to play it though.

Comment posted on 05/01/2016 at 19:07.
  4. beeje13
    Since: Jan 2010

Doesn’t bother me really, In fact I’m intrigued they’re focusing all efforts on SP. That said, FC4 was fun in co-op the couple of times I played.

Comment posted on 05/01/2016 at 23:24.