Carmageddon: Max Damage Announced For Consoles

Bears and Aliens

Here’s something new for Monday, a brand new Carmageddon game and it’s coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this year. It is, apparently, the racing game where racing is for wimps.

“We’re excited that players on these new platforms will soon be able to enter the warped world of Carmageddon: Max Damage, the carnage-filled antidote to racing games!” shouted Neil Barnden, Brand Director at Stainless Games Ltd, who created the original game.

Carmageddon: Max Damage includes:

• Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
  • 10 large open environments to explore
  • A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
  • Career mode with 6 different event types
  • Multiplayer with 4 online event types
  • Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
  • … with over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs and much, much more.

Source: Press release

1. tonyyeb
    Since: Aug 2010

Now this I’m interested in…

Comment posted on 22/02/2016 at 14:02.
  2. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

The original was amazing. Mowing down loads of people with blood going everywhere. Although I’m sure they ended up banning it and re-releasing it where it was green blood and now “zombies” you killed. Ring a bell with anyone?

Comment posted on 22/02/2016 at 14:07.
    • simplebob
      Since: Mar 2009

Oh yes, loved the original back in the day on PC. And pretty sure I applied an unofficial patch to bring back the “real” pedestrians as soon as I bought it. Unlocking the other cars by smashing them to bits never got old.

Comment posted on 22/02/2016 at 15:05.
    • TSBonyman

I remember that too.
      I was initially surprised reading that the new game allows pedestrians and the wheelchair-bound to be mowed down, but i guess GTA has influenced things since the original Carmegeddon.

Comment posted on 22/02/2016 at 15:11.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

Yep, good old blood, cow guts and electro-bastard-rays! This looks excellent, I gave Nobby some money for Reincarnation but it won’t run on my PC, so this and Grip will be some very welcome doses of old school arcade racing this year. And Trackmania next month, I feel so spoilt!

Comment posted on 22/02/2016 at 15:24.
  3. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

I’m always down for some vehicular mayhem!

Comment posted on 22/02/2016 at 15:52.
  4. Devil2k
    Since: Jan 2011

What a blast from the past! Here’s hoping for Vigilante 8 3rd Strike! on this generation of consoles!

Comment posted on 22/02/2016 at 20:12.
  5. philbert8
    The Frankie Boyle Of TSA
    Since: Sep 2010

Love the retro visuals, or is that just leaked PS3 footage?

Comment posted on 22/02/2016 at 23:46.