September's PS Plus Update Includes Journey & Lords Of The Fallen

Don't stop believin'.

Easily one of the most critically acclaimed games of the year when it first launched on PlayStation 3 in 2012, thatgamecompany’s masterpiece is one of the two PlayStation 4 games coming to the Instant Game Collection in September. Many of you will have already played it, but there’s millions of people who will have missed it on PS3, and it’s a perfect opportunity for them to enjoy a hugely influential game.

Alongside it, there’s the Souls-alike action RPG of Lords of the Fallen, with your lead protagonist Harkyn looking to put an end to a war that rages between humans and the gods. The PlayStation 3 then gets to enjoy Prince of Persia: THe Forgotten Sands and Datura, while it’s Badland and Amnesia: Memories for the PS Vita.

A nice and easy list, here are the games which will be added to the service next week:

And don’t forget to grab August’s games before the disappear:

Source: EU PS Blog

1. MrYd
    Since: Mar 2011

That’s a pretty good lineup. Certainly offering something different. An RPG for a change.

And a visual novel where you appear to have to date a selection of handsome gentlemen.

I’m not sure that one will go down too well. Or at least confuse some people.

And a port of a mobile game that looks reasonably entertaining.

And Datura, which is just weird.

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 17:14.
  2. JustTaylorNow
    Since: Oct 2011

Wow this is actually absolutely amazing, lords of the fallen is amazing not to mention Journey which most people probably have.

Well done Sony, you delivered

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 17:18.
  3. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

MEH

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 17:19.
    • MrYd
      Since: Mar 2011

There’s always one!

Actually, there’s usually a lot more than that.

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 17:23.
    • JR.
      Since: Apr 2013

That’s the Na’vi word for ‘Awesome’ I think.

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 17:25.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

I’d rather spend an hour and half walking through an actual sandstorm than ‘play’ Journey again.
      At least there’s no PSP games for PS Vita.

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 17:31.
    • homerjnick
      Since: Jun 2010

I have never played Journey…and I wanted to play Lords of the Fallen but haven’t bought it yet…next month’s PS+ is amazing for me!

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 20:50.
  4. PoolieMike
    Since: Oct 2008

I’ve looked at Lords of the Fallen a few times, so I’ll try that out. Journey, never played it on PS3, so that should be fun as well.

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 17:30.
  5. TSBonyman

Not bad at all, Journey was free on PS4 for those who bought the PS3 version but it’ll be good to know there should be plenty of companions available for anyone playing it next month.

Lords of the Fallen received mixed reviews iirc but it’ll definitely check it out for ‘free’, and i’ve hovered over the purchase button for Badlands a few times so that’s a bonus too.
    Datura was by Plastic, the creators of Bound. A psychedelic mystical ambulatory adventure, with optional Move controls.

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 19:13.
  6. theberzerka

Happy with all of that. Not played any of them but I have been interested in them.

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 19:13.
  7. cam_manutd

Great month for me. I don’t own any of those games.

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 19:53.
  8. CR8ZYH0RSE
    Since: Sep 2012

I’m with the guys on here also,not played but have heard good things about all of the games on the IGC. Also noticed not a single PSP game in sight,don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad?

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 21:25.
  9. coxy1701
    Since: Apr 2014

Good line up. Trust journey to be released after I brought it in the summer(winter were) sale. It’s definitely a better line up compared to previous months.

Comment posted on 31/08/2016 at 22:08.
  10. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

Not impressed, nothing I really want, but I already got Journey, of course.
    But I have been terribly mistaken before and found the odd gem amongst the rubble, so let’s see.

Bought several games recently in the sale, so I still got to play this fairy wolf game and the nuts painter one, and lots more in my backlog.

Comment posted on 01/09/2016 at 00:20.