Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage Shown At PlayStation Meeting

View it in 4K.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is due early 2017 but gameplay footage has been non existant. That is up until now. At the PlayStation Meeting footage was shown of protagonist Ryder investigating a vault which leads to a map showing the Helios system. The footage below can be viewed in 4K to show how the game will be running on the PlayStation Pro.

Source: PlayStation Meeting

1. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

Only good part part of the conference IMO. Well, this and the “all PS4s are HDR compatible”-bit.

Comment posted on 07/09/2016 at 20:51.
  2. MrYd
    Since: Mar 2011

They certainly made some interesting choices when it comes to voice acting there. I’ll assume they just got anyone they could find to do some temporary voices for a demo and the real actors are busy recording things right now.

Comment posted on 07/09/2016 at 20:58.
  3. blarty
    Since: Apr 2011

Pity the footage cut off at the important bit, where Ryder brings up his omni-tool and finds out how many Blood Lotus and Elfroot is needed to construct the weapon mod to escape the Didact, I mean, Remnant.

Comment posted on 07/09/2016 at 21:38.
  4. hazelam

here i was thinking/hoping that maybe after the E3 trailer i’d actually see a game where you can choose the gender of the protagonist, be marketed with the female version of the lead, for a change.

but i guess business as usual.

i suspect the first time we hear femryder will be when the game comes out.
    or maybe they’ll do one trailer featuring a few snippets from her just before launch.

it irritates me no end that practically none of the games that feature selectable gender for the main character ever feature the female option in any of the marketing.
    in fact from most of them, you’d never even know that there even was an option to play as a woman, certainly not from the marketing.

seriously, apart from Dishonored 2, can anybody think of a game with male and female options for the main character that was marketed with the female option?
    because i can’t.

it’s good that Dishonored is highlighting a female lead, but i know it’s only because she’s new.

still, the game does look interesting, and it’s one of those titles i’d be getting no matter what.

Comment posted on 08/09/2016 at 08:08.
    • JR.
      Since: Apr 2013

I don’t mind as long as you have the option. I played Saints Row 4, Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect 1-3 with a female character. Granted, they all looked as close to Lara croft as I could work it, but they were still woman. Saying that, my Dragon Age character looked more like Posh Spice (damn nose and cheekbones) but the Saints Row version was spot on.

Comment posted on 08/09/2016 at 11:08.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

It’s just Marketing BS. I think Bioware have revealed that in the past, they wanted to show both genders but EA’s marketing didn’t do it because they felt it wouldn’t sell. Just bullshit.

There will be FemDers(FemRys?) shown, they may just have shown the maleDer because they were using him to test stuff and it’ll be 50/50 in terms of coverage.

I don’t really mind to be honest. Shall be interesting to see what CGI trailers they will come up with for both versions.

Comment posted on 08/09/2016 at 22:59.
  5. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

I’m going in blind as i’ve never gone in blind on a sequel before. I have heard family will be a theme and it is good to see them reusing Dragon Age 2’s family element. I will be the first to admit, all my hate of DA2 was pure anger at the time but twas a good game marred by rushed development and potential never really realised. Hopefully, if EA have given Bioware lots of time, we will see what the Ryder family will do, interact and hopefully, some light hearted quests.

Comment posted on 08/09/2016 at 23:02.