Considering that both the PlayStation VR and PlayStation 4 Pro have Matrix-themed codenames during development – Morpheus and Neo, respectively – you’d expect combining the two to give a better overall experience.
It’s being left up to developers and being handled on a game-by-game basis, but Rebellion have just released the 1.02 patch for Battlezone, which adds PS4 Pro support ahead of the console’s launch on 10th November.
In particular, this means you get:
- Increased super-sampling resolution
- Improved dynamic lighting in the Cobra cockpit
- Increased reflective lighting resolution
One of the better looking games on the system, in my opinion, this should help fight some of the aliasing that plagues the PSVR at times, but these are really fairly minor improvements. The game was designed for the PS4 hardware, through and through.
1.02 also fixes a bunch of bugs and balances some of the game:
- Defend and Convoy missions are more balanced
- Difficulty randomisation more even throughout campaign
- Enemy rank scaling more balanced throughout campaign
- Improved clarity of particle effects
- Fixed a rare framerate hitch during hangar sequence
- Fixed rare physics issue that caused players to leave game world
- Minor enemy behaviour tweaks
There’s also a bit of a tease that Rebellion have plans to release some free DLC in the coming weeks and months, which sounds pretty good to me!
Source: press release