Here's The Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer You've All Been Waiting For

Happy N7 day.

Hundreds of years after setting off to find a new home for humanity, the Andromeda galaxy isn’t quite as friendly and welcoming to our race as was hoped.

Set for release in Spring 2017, it’s not all that long before we too can learn what makes us – [pause for effect] – special.

1. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

Massive electronic WHUMMMMMMMS as first seen in the Transformers trailer ten years ago – CHECK

Short stabby distorted drums used to indicate tension, as used by every trailer since 2005 – CHECK

Rising electronic screech to build up to a cut off point (another THWUMP) before speech – as seen in Transformers, Inception, and every other trailer ever – CHECK

Ingenious and original sound design in a trailer… Che.. oh.

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 17:21.
    • hazelam

marketing for a game where you can have a male or female lead solely focus on the male option – check.

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 18:47.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

Hazelam commenting on the marketing of a game where you can have a male or female lead. Check.

I just wanted to continue the check chain to be honest.

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 18:49.
      • hazelam

i can’t think of a funny reply – check.

seriously, i tried, but nothing came to me. :(

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 18:57.
  2. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Despite me trying to go in blind, I gave it a watch. It looks excellent and has a space adventure type atmosphere to it. I do hope that this won’t become DA2 where Bioware tried something different, it was hated by most of the fanbase to the point and then they came back with a Save the world Bioware plot.

Rather disappointing by the sound used in the trailer. Kinda sounds like a Reaper but not a proper one, more of one that is very effed up and could have been left out of the trailer. I mean, there’s nothing going on with it.

That said, I ain’t got a clue what the plot is and I intend to keep it that way.

Unless the ending is very crap and the entire internet goes on about it then I’ll destroy the internet by typing google into google.

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 18:01.
  3. JustTaylorNow
    Since: Oct 2011

Read somewhere that this continues after the events of number 2, so I am guessing Shepherd isn’t dead in this one but seeing it from a different perspective. Or they are just trying to forget the disaster that was number 3

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 18:12.
    • camdaz

I enjoyed number 3, but that’s the only Mass Effect game I’ve played so couldn’t compare it to the previous ones. I wouldn’t have played that if it wasn’t for PS+.

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 18:23.
      • JustTaylorNow
        Since: Oct 2011

Nothing was utterly bad about 3, it’s just the build up was so epic all 3 of them, only for the final ending to ruin everything, tainted the series for me

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 19:06.
    • hazelam

they’ve said it’s set 600 years after the events of the original trilogy.
      sounds like they set off during the events of the original trilogy and then they were in some sort of suspended animation for those six hundred years until they reached the Andromeda galaxy.

so Shephard will definitely be dead.
      Liarra could be alive, be she never went on this mission.

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 19:04.
      • JustTaylorNow
        Since: Oct 2011

Basically this new player travelled 600 years to andromeda, arriving just in time just after ME2 events so technically shepherd is alive

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 19:16.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

It is set in the same year of ME2 but skips forward 600 years. Shepard kinda may not be available to do any cameoes due to erm.. well, the intro to ME2.

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 20:09.
      • TSBonyman

I expect at the very least in the new game that any Salarians i meet will speak in hallowed tones of their ancestor, Mordin Solus. But will they remember him for the genophage, or as the hero who gave his life so many others could live – or as the legend, who once turned down Shepard’s romantic advances by informing her how the vigours of Salarian lovemaking would be too much for her body to handle.

Comment posted on 07/11/2016 at 20:14.