Fresh Report Has Nintendo Switch Prices Starting At £199.99

£249.99 for more storage and a game.

One of the big questions hovering over the Nintendo Switch is just how much it will cost. If it can’t compete with Sony and Microsoft in terms of raw power, can it command a similar price at the tills? A report from Let’s Play Video Games – who have been on the money with a large number of games industry leaks – suggests that Game are planning to sell the basic SKU for £199.99 when it’s released in March of next year.

A separate SKU features more internal storage and a game bundled in with the console, which will cost £249.99, while additional Switch Pro Controllers will fetch £39.99 at Game.

One thing to note is that Nintendo do not set UK RRP for their consoles, but with two sources saying the same things to Let’s Play Video Games and the place Game holds in the UK retail sector, this feels like a pretty safe bet.

Starting at £200, this does undercut the RRP of the base PS4 and Xbox One by £50, but those are both regularly discounted and often sold with a game included in the box. Still, it feels to me like an attractive price point for a new console. Let us know what you think in the comments below.

For official confirmation, we’ll likely have to wait until January, when Nintendo have said they will next talk openly about the console.

Source: Let’s Play Video Games via MCVUK

1. camdaz

That sounds about right.
    I’m glad it’s not going to be over priced (if price is correct) as I’m hoping Ninty has another hit with Switch. Although I personally won’t be buying it anything that makes the gaming industry stronger is welcome.

Comment posted on 14/11/2016 at 12:13.
  2. JustTaylorNow
    Since: Oct 2011

Affordable & will sell like hot cake that’s for sure

Comment posted on 14/11/2016 at 12:16.
  3. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

XB1 and PS4 will easily be down to £199 when Nintendo launches.

Comment posted on 14/11/2016 at 12:22.
    • Kris Lipscombe
      Team TSA: Writer
      Since: Mar 2009

Well yeah. Keeps them competitive, keeps them cheaper than the Pro or Scopio whatsit, and has the added benefit of being new.

Comment posted on 14/11/2016 at 12:24.
    • wonkey-willy
      Since: Jan 2010

you can pick up an xbox one elite for £199

Comment posted on 14/11/2016 at 20:29.
  4. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

That’s bizarrely and pleasantly affordable, lets hope this rumor is a true one as its very promising!

Comment posted on 14/11/2016 at 12:40.
  5. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

I will probably only ever want a few first party titles as I love my PS4, so for that price I can totally justify the purchase as it won’t be used that often.

Comment posted on 14/11/2016 at 14:12.
  6. Jag

I’d definitely be tempted at that price, it had to be less than the PS4/XB1 price to have a fighting chance.
    Now it depends on the launch line up and what’s coming in its first year.
    As I have a Wii U I’ll be able to play the new Zelda anyway so I will hold off at launch until a few other big games are out and to see what the third party situation is like.
    Hopefully the expected power differential isn’t so big that it makes it difficult to bring big third party games across.
    Either way given there’s no longer a home console and portable division that should mean decent first party support.
    I was happy with the exclusives I could play on my Wii U and there were some great indie games too.
    It was a decent 2nd console to have and things should be even better on the Switch.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a new Metroid and a Bayonetta 3 and I’m very interested to see what the next Monster Hunter and even Pokémon games look like on the Switch.

Comment posted on 14/11/2016 at 16:51.