You

What We Played #292 - Nioh, Rainbow Six Siege & Project Cars 2

Under Siege.

Phew! Is it the end of the week? It feels like it should be the end, but sadly I run a pub and the end of the week is really just the beginning… Anyway, in the midst of painting, moving house, moving children’s schools and trying to remember to do some work from time to time, I’ve managed a bit of gaming here and there, though mostly it’s been the Road To Boruto DLC for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 which is just as good as the movie – well, it is the movie. Besides that I’m still playing Final Fantasy XIV, and looking forward to my trip to Frankfurt next week for the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest. I have prepared many belts.

Tuffcub was first in line for What We Played this week,  and he’s been on that there Skyrim, taking arrows to the knee, we assume. He also played some Titanfall 2 obviously, and tried out LittleBigPlanet 3 while it’s free on PS+. Unfortunately he got bored with the tutorial and turned it back off again.

Dave has been wading through Nioh, which he rather liked, as well as Diluvion on PC, which isn’t really doing it for him as the navigation is hair-tearingly difficult. This is even more of a problem when you have a shaved head. He managed to make Nioh do some fairly crazy stuff while he was at it.

Jim dropped in on us and has made a bit of a fresh start this week;

Interested to see what Ubisoft is doing with Rainbow Six Siege I bit the bullet and spent a good dozen or so hours getting back into that. It’s an acquired taste though makes a welcome change from your regular Call of Duty style of shooter.

Next to that I’ve been rinsing Rise of the Tomb Raider. It really is an incredibly follow up to the reboot and one that has me revisiting areas to find all the collectibles and beat side missions. My only concern is that, with Horizon around the corner, Lara’s latest outing will have already given me my adventure game fill for the next few months.

It’s been Titan Souls this week for Kris who enjoyed the original demo, and thinks the finished article is even better. Particularly as it’s rewarding and super cute! Jake meanwhile has been playing LittleBigPlanet 3, Overwatch, For Honor and Borderlands 2, while Miguel has only had time for a spot of Story Of Seasons and Fire Emblem Heroes which he thinks he’s already had enough of.

Aran has played through VVVVV and continued his time with Football Manager 17, but disaster has struck and he’s now in a relegation battle. Tough times are ahead. Adam on the other hand has played Telltale’s Batman, and once again found that while the story is great, the engine utterly lets it down.

Last but by no means least, Tef has been a very busy bee. There’s been some Sniper Elite 4, the review of which you can expect at the start of next week, but then he also played a bunch of games from Bandai Namco, including Project Cars 2, which you can read about here, Little Nightmares, Get Even, and Ace Combat 7 in PSVR!

Now then, what have you played?

1. Crazy_Del

Believe it or not… Been playing Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2010 lol got it for £2 and should have the Platinum tonight and hopefully sell it online for a tenner maybe push to £15 xD
    Been playing the new maps on Gears and might return to it tonight for that Valentine Torque bonus MP thingy.

Comment posted on 10/02/2017 at 18:12.
  2. MrYd
    Since: Mar 2011

Tried the PS+ games. They’re all a bit rubbish (except LBP3, but I’ve already got that – and it’s buggier than just about anything I’ve ever played).

So then I spent a long time swearing at Ratchet and Clank. I played through it twice, got everything to dance, including the bosses, upgraded all the weapons, and then failed to get the platinum trophy due to those evil hoverboard race related trophies. Grrr.

There may also have been an amount of Mildly Obscure Japanese Shenanigans From a Sale. Or MOJSFaS, as nobody would ever call it. This week, it’s been Toukiden Kiwami. Which is a surprising amount of repetitive fun. I guess it’s published by Koei Tecmo, so that’s to be expected. I think my circle button is going to die due to the amusing rapid punching attack you can do with gauntlets. I reckon many more dozens of hours punching giant evil snails to death and I’ll be done. And what is it with the Japanese and “things with an unexpectedly abnormal number of tails”??

Comment posted on 10/02/2017 at 18:16.
  3. Tony Cawley
    Pint! Pint!

I’ve n getting all and truly stuck into last month’s ps+ game The Swindle and surprisingly I’m finding it an awful lot of fun. Really well designed, the only issue I have with it is slightly inaccurate controls on a game which demands tight control.

Comment posted on 10/02/2017 at 18:35.
    • Stefan L
      Community Team

The Swindle is an outstanding game. People that dismiss it out of hand are just being downright foolish.

Comment posted on 11/02/2017 at 13:51.
  4. Pixel_nme
    Since: Mar 2014

The usual Golf Club,Steep, Battlefield 1 and GTAV with a mixture of Forrest,R1MJAW,heedbaw and Berzerka and toutski,rest of the week has been a little Black Ops 3 FFXV and Nioh.

Comment posted on 10/02/2017 at 19:53.
    • Tony Cawley
      Pint! Pint!

Have you seen that trailer for Golf Club 2? Looks really good!

Comment posted on 10/02/2017 at 20:00.
      • Pixel_nme
        Since: Mar 2014

Yeah watched it the other day,I think it looks decent though my playing partners don’t believe there’s much of an improvement or added features over the first game to possibly splash out,I may pick it up though we’ll see.

Comment posted on 10/02/2017 at 20:27.
  5. Eldave0
    andUandU

Quite a lot this week. With my Nintendo Switch pre-order cancelled and roughly £300 “saved”, I decided to pick up a few games for my X1 and PS4.

Made a start on Resi7, which has been terrific so far. Only a couple of hours in (a bit further than the garage bit) but I’m really enjoying it. Hopefully going to fire it up for a bit this evening.

Also picked up The Division, which I’ve been playing a lot of. Like Destiny, it seems the perfect sort of game to play while listening to podcasts and I’ve spent most of my 15 hours of logged play time just completing side missions and finding collectibles.

Also picked up Assassins Creed Unity, a series I’ve never played before but, for 94p (thanks CDKeys), I figured I’d give it a try. Played the opening few minutes but haven’t gone back to it yet as I think I’m going to play through RE7 and The Division before I get invested in another big game.

Oh, I also got an invite to the Gwent beta. As a sucker for games like Hearthstone, I’m enjoying it so far and will probably pick it up (assuming its sensibly priced).

Comment posted on 10/02/2017 at 20:25.
  6. DividSmythe
    Since: May 2012

On Sunday I finally got my hardcore character on Diablo 3 to level 70 thanks to R1MJAW for helping with that. I also got the platinum out of World of Nubla. I’ve played lots of Diablo , PES and Bridge Constructor this week.

Comment posted on 10/02/2017 at 20:50.
  7. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

Working through my backlog, I finished Tomb Raider from 2013 on my PS3 this week, which was very good.

Maybe I should tick off about one game of my backlog a week, but as I’ll be away on holidays (again) next week, that already becomes difficult right from the start.

Oh, and I didn’t even get around trying out the new firmware, which I’ll probably do tonight.

Comment posted on 10/02/2017 at 20:51.
  8. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

I haven’t played much this week, just a couple of long sessions of Absolute Drift which I managed to platinum! A short game but really good fun, proper hard-to-master drifting like in Grid, but very satisfying. It’s a huge shame there aren’t loads more events, seems like it would be really simple to knock up a couple of dozen more tracks and dot them around the world.

Comment posted on 11/02/2017 at 08:15.
  9. TSBonyman

Played some more NMS and took Trico for another stroll at the weekend.
    Also tried the For Honor beta but after completing the tutorial and pre-online test segment my arm was throbbing and my index finger had become numb so that was as far as i got.
    Most of this months PS plus content had an Insta-delete flavour to it for me but i am enjoying the simple mechanics and humour of Not A Hero.

Comment posted on 11/02/2017 at 13:47.
  10. aerobes

Overcooked, predominantly. Highly addictive and totally recommended for co-op couch play.

Comment posted on 11/02/2017 at 16:07.