You

What We Played #293 - For Honor, Halo Wars 2 & Eagle Flight

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is.... is that Tuffcub?

Dom’s been having a bit of a hectic week, so as he hops on a plane to head over to Frankfurt for the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest this weekend, I thought I’d be nice and do What We Played in his stead. Wish him luck, as he’s been thoroughly enjoying returning to Square’s MMO this past few weeks. Similarly, he’s also enjoyed Halo Wars 2, as you can see in our slightly belated review.

Jim’s been hacking and slashing his way through enemies in For Honor this week, which he calls thrilling and refreshing, even with the few caveats that hold it back from true greatness. He stuck with Ubisoft to dabble with Rainbow Six Siege some more, as well as wading through more of his 2016 backlog with Rise of the Tomb Raider. He didn’t get on with the story, but thinks it’s a solid sequel and does enough that he might go back through and collect trophies.

It’s been a spot of, you guessed it, Titanfall 2 for Tuffcub this week, but the best FPS of last year was joined by Skyrim and tons of VR, as he played Super Stardust VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, and his new absolute favourite VR game, Eagle Flight. He thinks it should actually be called ‘David Attenborough: The Game’.

Doom is upon Aran, or more likely, the Doom Marine’s fist is crashing through a demon’s head at Aran’s behest. “The melee animations are brutal,” he said, “and running around with a shotgun doesn’t get old.” The perfect cathartic release for him this week. He’s also been playing Torment: Tides of Numenera, but is under a rather strict embargo for our review.

It’s been Overwatch on console and a bit of Rayman on his phone for Jake, as well as something he can’t talk about just yet, while Miguel’s dipped into two very, very different games: Story of Seasons and Berserk and the Band of Hawk.

There was also a spot of Fire Emblem Heroes on mobile, which also seems to have hooked Dave. He’s promised to only play until the end of the campaign, but there’s one last gruelling fight to get to. It might not get much better after that, as his passion for Hearthstone has been rekindled thanks to the two most recent Tavern Brawls.

As for myself, well there was more than a little bit of Sniper Elite 4, leading to our review at the start of this week, I despaired at not getting Mei’s Year of the Rooster costume in Overwatch – and had some totally a-Mei-zing games, including a CTF comeback from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in overtime! – and I’m currently playing a game with a fiery redhead… It’s kind of pretty.

1. Tony Cawley
    Pint! Pint!

I started the week being away in the Cotswolds with family and took my vita so was enjoying some The Swindle. I really enjoy the game but still haven’t finished it, always seem to die a silly death and lose loads of cash.
    Then the 2nd part of the week I picked up For Honour which I’m loving and truly looking forward to getting thoroughly stuck into.

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 17:03.
  2. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

That subheadline. Rude.

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 17:07.
    • Crazy_Del

Lol

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 17:25.
  3. Crazy_Del

Played Gears of War 4 Multiplayer with Special Valetine Mode and a few different modes over the weekend.
    Picked up Sniper Elite 4 on Tuesday and completed it last night on Normal difficulty. Going to get stuck in with Sniper as I am enjoying the campaign and trying to learn the map layout and the best pathway (stealthy obviously) on Authentic Difficulty without manual saves with Youles next weekend ^^
    While I learn the map I will be looking out for collectibles and maximise certain weapons for Authentic difficulty.
    Oh I have just downloaded Project Cars on Xbox One so will be having a few races over this weekend ^^

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 17:30.
  4. aerobes

A little adventuring in Skyrim along with the obligatory R6: Siege in which I finally achieved all stars on situations. Really happy with that one.

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 17:38.
  5. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

I finished Far Cry 4 last week and decided to do Alien Isolation(may have stated this in the last time i commented on this) and Metal Gear Rising Revegance:This time, it’s personal: Raiden Kills again:Revenge of the Ninja. Yeah, the name is just meh.

Alien Isolation, I don’t think the genre appeals to me or the game is just not appealing to me. I like stealth and like to think I am somewhat decent at it. Alien however, it’s kinda tedious and slow. I don’t mind slow but if I have to move from room to room and it takes hours to do so, it kinda is not fun. The alien is unpredictable and challenging but i swear the game is a lying bastard or cheats! The damn hold breath mechanice seems to be a kill me now button. Either way, I don’t think I’m gonna to ocntinue it. Shame as it is a decent game and helps to eradicate the past reputation of licensed games. Granted, we have a loooong way to go but it’s a decent contribution.

Metal Gear Rising Raidenetta is a very fun hack and slash and doesn’t take itself too seriously. It embraces it’s over the top combat and the plot is excellent for a hack and slash. Not often that a plot is done well in a hack and slash or is complex. This develops Raiden further, does a take that to politics and goes over the top.

The final boss was very hard until….

I found out about the fact that you can move the blade mode line with the left stick. Quite embarrassing but i kicked his ass. Going to play DMC3 HD as i’m in the mood for hack and slash. Once DMC3 is done, Bayonetta. As for the tissues and ointment near it, I am allergic to her and she causes a certain reaction that can be taken as NSFW but it is in fact an alternative fact.

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 18:06.
  6. TSBonyman

Not a lot this week, just time for a few more levels of Not A Hero , and another 8 hours of NMS.

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 19:29.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

I think we need an update on your NMS stats mate, I couldn’t even begin to guess how many planets, hours and discoveries you’ve racked up!
      No games for me this week, lots of DIY and being ill, unfortunately without the stopping to wallow in snot and headaches. Might do that now actually, crazy Friday nights.

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 20:32.
  7. Pixel_nme
    Since: Mar 2014

Picked up the Platinum for Final Fantasy XV Sunday evening,then Monday was The Golf Club and Steep with R1MJAW and Forrest and with Forrest again Wednesday for Battlefield 1 joined by Toutski and Berzerka,tonight is the usual GTAV with heedbaw Forrest and R1M,in between all this has been a little Watchdogs 2,Killing floor 2 and Mantis Burn Racing and some more Nioh and several hours of Sniper Elte 4 and some solo Golf Club just needing two trophies now for Plat.

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 19:46.
  8. tactical20

Finished my initial Lego Batman 3 playthrough. Found it pretty underwhelming, especially after playing other PS4 Lego games. Even Lego Batman 2 was way better. Not sure if I’ll bother going back through for collectables.

Picked up No Man’s Sky yesterday to finally give it a go. It’s insanely boring so far, but only played a couple of hours. Just warped to a new system for the first time.

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 20:12.
    • Avenger
      Since: Oct 2012

Do let us know how you get on with NMS. I only got to the 30 minute mark before it sedated me, but in fairness it was a tiring day. Curious whether it’s worth persevering, or whether it’s an NHS prescribed sleeping tablet.

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 22:24.
  9. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

I’ve been away from all of my consoles, doing some skiing in the Alps, so no gaming for me this week.
    Am currently thinking about what I might play next.

Comment posted on 17/02/2017 at 22:25.
  10. DividSmythe
    Since: May 2012

I got the platinum out of Bridge Constructor yesterday and played PES other than that this week.

Comment posted on 18/02/2017 at 12:10.
21 hours ago