There’s a new update out for Super Bomberman R today, and it looks like a right doozy, fixing a few more issues in the game, as well as adding new content. There’s four new verus stages added to the shop, two new sets of accessories, and the game’s been rebalanced to even out the difficulty levels somewhat.
After a patch in the middle of March sought to fix launch problems with input latency and laggy online play – issues that seriously hampered the game for our review – today’s patch goes one step further. NeoGAF users reporting that the game’s new frame rate target is 60 frames per second, albeit at the expense of some visual quality. We would check ourselves, but Dom’s having lunch a minute and then heading into town, so you’ll just have to trust the suspicions of the people of the internet.
Brace yourself for some ever-so-slightly skewiff translations and typos in Konami’s patch notes:
- Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).
- Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).
- The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.
- Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.
(If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)
- Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.
- You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.
- The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.
- The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.
- Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.
- If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.
- Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.
- Fixed other various small bugs.
- Developer:Konami, HexaDrive
- Platforms:Nintendo Switch
- Release Date:03/03/17