SEGA Looking To Bring Back Past IPs

What do you want to see?

SEGA has a huge¬†catalogue of IPs that it can work with but recent years have seen the company use very few of them. Recently though the company has started to port over games like Bayonetta and Vanquish to PC, but it isn’t going to stop there. In a recent business presentation SEGA revealed that it will be expanding its efforts in that area with existing and new IPs.

However one major part of the presentation has caught eyes and that is where SEGA has said it will revive major IPs. Of course there’s no mention of which IPs SEGA is considering to bring back but candidates could include Alex The Kidd, Virtua Fighter, Out Run, Shinobi, Golden Axe, and Streets Of Rage.

Of course there are a host of others SEGA could be considering but which would you like to see return?

Source: Gematsu

1. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

I think they should just focus on making Alien Isolation 2 a thing tbh.

Comment posted on 15/05/2017 at 13:32.
    • thunderlight10
      Since: May 2017

I disagree kind of I would love to see Alien Isolation 2 but there are many other games they can bring back like Skies of Arcadia and Jet Set Radio I’m not sure why you only want Ailen Isolation 2.

Comment posted on 15/05/2017 at 16:21.
      • JR.
        Since: Apr 2013

The truth is, when I think SEGA, I think Sonic. I couldn’t name a single other game (Sonic 2 maybe) but I know they helped publish the incredible Alien Isolation back in 2014. I’d rather they rally behind a sequel to that game than revive an old game I’ve never heard of.

Comment posted on 15/05/2017 at 20:38.
    • Andrewww
      Since: Jan 2010

You know what: we fully agree on this one..! :o)
      Of course they should go for Alien:Isolation 2, or at the very least the first one for PSVR.

Comment posted on 15/05/2017 at 16:41.
  2. Sad Panda

Space Harrier in VR
    Alien Storm
    Gunstar Heroes.

Comment posted on 15/05/2017 at 14:02.
  3. Starman
    Since: Jul 2011

All of them! Just get the Wonder Boy Dragons Trap devs to update them. Easy money for Sega, though sometimes I wonder if Sega do like making money going by how long these IP’s have been dormant.

Comment posted on 15/05/2017 at 14:10.
  4. Crazy_Del

Alien Isolation 2 and with VR support is the way to go forward methinks.

Comment posted on 15/05/2017 at 22:07.
  5. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

If they do a sequel/remaster to/of Resonance of Fate along with porting over the other Valkryia Chronicle games, that would be very nice.

A modern Streets of Rage could be interesting but they would need to do a ton of work to modernise it. The originals were short(by today standards) and it is perfect for co-op. Throw in a story, go with what it knows it does best, beating the crap out of everyone and voila, there is the game.

Comment posted on 16/05/2017 at 12:11.