DONTNOD Confirm A New Life Is Strange Game Is Being Made

Stranger things?

With three million people having bought DONTNOD’s popular episodic adventure, not to mention the critical acclaim that greeted Maxine Caulfield’s time bending adventure, the studio have now confirmed that a new Life Is Strange game is in the works, doing so in a special message to their fans.

What form the game will take is unknown, with the team a long way away from being able to show off the game. As they wrote on their blog:

We also revealed a key piece of information that many of you have been waiting some time for now – we can indeed confirm that the original Life is Strange team at DONTNOD are working on a brand new Life is Strange game. We can’t wait to tell you all about it when the time is right, but for now we are hard at work ensuring it is the very best game we can create. We’re really thankful for your patience thus far and ask for a bit more time. The new game will not be at E3 in June this year but we will be watching the show alongside you all and wish everyone good luck!

Source: DONTNOD

1. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

Death is Stranger

Comment posted on 18/05/2017 at 18:30.
  2. bunimomike

I’m not sure you could ask for a more humbling and grounded video of developers loving what they do and being ever-so happy that they’re going to commit to another title. They’re faces say it all. :)

Comment posted on 18/05/2017 at 23:04.
  3. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

Life Is Strange is one of the highlights of the current generation (even if it did kill Telltale’s games for me).

I’m delighted another one is in the works.

Comment posted on 19/05/2017 at 06:46.
  4. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

I think the impression Life is Strange left on those of us who really like it lifts the whole production from just a game to something culturally important. I’m sure it’ll be forgotten in time, probably like a lot of stories, music and art, but it’ll stay with me. Whatever Dontnod do next I’m sure it’ll be excellent.

Comment posted on 19/05/2017 at 08:22.
  5. Gaztee
    Since: Mar 2009

I’m happy to see another instalment coming I just personally hope that its more like the first 4 episodes and not the last one. The last episode nearly ruined the whole game for me.

Comment posted on 19/05/2017 at 16:36.
  6. Sitorimon
    Since: Jul 2011

Awesome! I loved Life Is Strange and am currently loving Remember Me too – but Life Is Strange was my game of 2015 and so I’m really intrigued to see what happens next. I wouldn’t be surprised if its an entirely new and different cast/story but dealing with mature and interesting themes because the way how the game ends, I can’t see how you’d build out scenarios to keep that kind of story going.

Comment posted on 22/05/2017 at 15:53.