The 2010 Red Bull Racing RB6 Is Iconic Enough For F1 2017's Classic Cars

First time winner.

It was the car in which Sebastian Vettel won his first world championship, but is seven years long enough for a F1 car to become truly iconic? As Codemasters bring classic cars back into their F1 series, they’re saying that it is, and the Red Bull Racing RB6 is the fourth classic car to be announced for F1 2017.

F1 2017 is out on 25th August for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Read more: # #
  1. tonyyeb
    Since: Aug 2010

As F1 2010 is my favourite out of the series, I’ll probably enjoy driving this ‘classic’ the most.

Comment posted on 01/06/2017 at 17:59.
  2. Jag

I don’t mind it too much as I thought it would be nice to have at least one car from each engine era.
    Out of the modern V8’s though, I’d have much preferred the 2009 Brawn GP car. That is always going to be regarded as a special car.
    Given the tracks we’ll be driving them on I wouldn’t mind if most of the cars are from the 90’s and 00’s.
    Although it’d be really cool if they include the old six wheeled Tyrell. I’ve always wanted to drive that!

Comment posted on 01/06/2017 at 18:14.
  3. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

The RB6 was a monster, it made certain corners look like straights that other cars simply couldn’t handle. Newey’s best car ever imo.

Comment posted on 01/06/2017 at 18:41.
    • camdaz

I’ll have to say not Newey’s best car, that would be the FW14B. No CFD just a pencil, a big piece of paper and Newey’s brain. It was so good that it’s successor (FW15) was never used. And it had Mansell at the wheel!

Comment posted on 01/06/2017 at 23:29.
  4. beeje13
    Since: Jan 2010

The best part about this car may be the tyres (Bridgestones) not much exploding and overheating compared to the Pirellis that followed.

A top notch exhaust blown diffuser helps aswell though!

Comment posted on 03/06/2017 at 10:24.
  5. aerobes

They should do some classic tracks too such as Adelaide, Zandvoort and the old Hockenheim. A lot of the modern tracks are very sterile.

Comment posted on 03/06/2017 at 14:01.
    • Avenger
      Since: Oct 2012

I’d love all those tracks, plus older Silverstone, Imola, Fuji and Nurburgring GP.

Comment posted on 03/06/2017 at 17:25.