Naughty Dog "Doubt That" They Are Finished With Uncharted

Who will team up next?

Whilst Nathan Drake’s story was concluded nicely in A Thief’s End it sounds like the Uncharted franchise may continue further than Chloe and Nadine’s adventure in The Lost Legacy. Creative Director Shaun Escayg spoke to Eurogamer and hinted that there are further stories to be told.

This thieving world is huge. There’s so many characters. Even before we settled on this particular story we were exploring Sullivan, we were exploring Cutter, and pairing each other up, thinking what would be right, what would have conflict, growth, something new, something fresh. And Chloe was the one that kept jumping out.

But to say the Uncharted world is done… I doubt that highly.

Shaun went on to say they had looked at “almost every character in that world” and had storylines mapped out for them. I’d quite like Chloe and Cutter to get their own spin off, who would you like to see in the next game?

Source: Eurogamer

1. bunimomike

I like that they see it as a living, breathing world where the characters are just a part of it. Even if they didn’t revisit the Uncharted world I’d be fascinated to know what they had in mind and the history some of the NPCs had in it.

Comment posted on 22/06/2017 at 15:13.
    • Kubr1ck

Would love a sequel starring Cutter, Sully, Chloe, Nate’s daughter or whoever. Naughty Dog are one of the very studios I trust to make satisfying creative choices and build something great every time.

Comment posted on 22/06/2017 at 15:54.
  2. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

If there’s another game in the Uncharted universe, I’d like it to be based on Vicky. Wouldn’t surprise though if they base it on Nate’s daughter, Cassie & turn her into the next tomb raider like character.

Comment posted on 22/06/2017 at 16:03.
  3. MOVE
    Since: Mar 2010

From what I can tell from the E3 demo it looks and plays exactly like UC 4. While it’s more than solid I also think it starts to look very samey now. I simply think this franchise needs to rest for a looooong time.

Comment posted on 22/06/2017 at 18:34.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

To be fair, it is an expansion and not a fully fledged game or DLC for it.

Comment posted on 22/06/2017 at 19:07.
  4. MOVE
    Since: Mar 2010

What I meant was in reference to their apparent idea about continuing the franchise; I feel that what I saw of this expansion looks too similar to other Uncharted games and that they should give it a rest after this one.

Comment posted on 22/06/2017 at 19:48.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

To be fair again, it is likely something they did to save on resources. If they did UC5, it would likely be very varied. Though, if it’s UC3’s method of set pieces of the sake of it, that would be a suckfest. I mean, UC3’s plane and boat levels were good but were padding. The boat was more padding then anything and UC3’s plane was fairly important but the aftermath felt a bit like it was padding.

Comment posted on 22/06/2017 at 20:01.
  5. Sammy
    Since: Oct 2016

Just make it fun, no more of this “serious and depressing” BS, that’s not what the series was built upon!

Comment posted on 23/06/2017 at 11:37.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

Comment posted on 23/06/2017 at 12:38.