The Games Under €20 Sale Is Back On The PlayStation Store

Tempting!

Sony have brought back the games under €20 (or your local equivalent) and this time there are some bargains to be nabbed. You can’t really go wrong with Wolfenstein: The New Order for £3.99, and I’m very tempted by Elite Dangerous for a penny under fourteen quid.

Click on the headers to expand the huge lists!

Games under €20 (Until 6th September 2017)

Digital Zone (Until 6th September 2017)

LEGO promotion (Until 30th August 2017)

Read more: # #
  1. JustTaylorNow
    Since: Oct 2011

The witcher 3 is the biggest overrated game of this gen in my eyes but for that price it’s so worth getting if you don’t mind clunky combat!

Such a bargain

Comment posted on 17/08/2017 at 16:13.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

I’d say stump up for Horizon, I think that’s under £25 now. From the little I’ve played of Witcher I reckon you’re spot on calling it clunky, it seems really really good, but then so is Horizon and that features no clunky :)
      I’m tempted by Micro Machines but it’ll need to be cheap enough. I can’t check the price at work, can anyone help me out?

Comment posted on 17/08/2017 at 16:22.
      • JustTaylorNow
        Since: Oct 2011

Yeh horizon is a pretty game but it’s so basic, everything about it is so meh but pretty lol

Comment posted on 17/08/2017 at 16:25.
      • zb100

Micro machines – £15.99

Comment posted on 17/08/2017 at 16:41.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

That makes me feel a bit simple lol, I really loved it for being basic!
        Thanks zb, I was hoping for £11.99, ah well

Comment posted on 17/08/2017 at 17:42.
      • freezebug2

If Horizon is below £25 as you say Ron then it is indeed a no brainer…cheaper than Shopto’s No.1 in their charts.
        Utterly stunning @ 4K utilised and a true adventure!

No bargains for me this week as I’ve plummed for the recent release of Matterfall from the House just to get in some of that old-school Turrican action ;)

Comment posted on 17/08/2017 at 19:21.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

freezebug – Did you play HZD in HDR as well as 4K?. As stunning as it is, I found the HDR way overpowering. I haven’t had a problem with HDR in any other games though.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 14:58.
      • Avenger
        Since: Oct 2012

Pretty sure all HDR games have a HDR-specific brightness setting. Did you try to lower it, or lower your TV’s contrast? Does seem strange otherwise.

I don’t have the most advanced HDR telly, but Horizon was fine on mine. Can’t remember if HDR needs to be flicked on in the game, I know GTS beta looked awkward because of that issue.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 15:22.
      • freezebug2

@Dave Yeah, I found that the game looked pretty awesome in HDR but then I have the option in the TV settings to auto or manually adjust for best output, I just used the auto setting.

As Avenger said though, there are settings in-game to flick on and adjust for best FPS or higher Graphics resolution as priority.

The only issue I really have is when the in game night darkness comes around, often, especially when I’m trying to get my last three ‘blazing sun’ hunting trials done lol!! :P

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 18:09.
    • bunimomike

Thankfully, pretty much most of the world disagrees with you but it’s good that we have our own tastes or it’d be very, very boring.

To me, it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. Also, a huge lesson to the likes of Bioware and Bethesda, etc.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 12:34.
  2. Avenger
    Since: Oct 2012

Be mindful of Elite Dangerous, as it’s just the core game without expansion. With expansion, the deal is around the same as physical.

Tempted by CoD: Ghosts just to relive the old memories of Extinction. Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is tempting too, but it’s just going to end up in backlog I think.

Comment posted on 17/08/2017 at 16:15.
  3. MrYd
    Since: Mar 2011

Elite Dangerous should be on everyone’s list of things to buy. But go for the full £27.99 version with the Horizons expansion. Otherwise you can’t go trundling around on planets in the SRV.

Comment posted on 17/08/2017 at 16:16.
  4. TSBonyman

I shouldn’t even look at that list, i’ve already grabbed 6 PSVR games in the summer sale – and i won’t even get around to starting half of those until the shine has faded from the latest NMS update.

Comment posted on 17/08/2017 at 17:08.
  5. matthangzhou
    Since: Sep 2010

Think I’ll get xcom 2 at that price. £12

Comment posted on 17/08/2017 at 17:38.
    • Tony Cawley
      Pint! Pint!

Absolutely brilliant game and for £12 every single person should be buying it.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 09:33.
  6. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

A sale again. Is there ever a quiet, relaxing time of no sale going on?
    I wonder what the ratio of actually played games by bought games is.

Of course, I’m tempted by Elite Dangerous and others, but I won’t have any time to play them…

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 10:38.
    • MrYd
      Since: Mar 2011

Of course you won’t have time to play anything if you buy Elite Dangerous. In the time it takes to finish most games, you’d have just about got the hang of how it all works and probably decided on half a dozen completely random goals for yourself (getting to some place in the galaxy, buying a particular ship you like the look of, getting one of your ranks up to top level, or just visiting Uranus and giggling like a schoolgirld)

Just buy it and save yourself some money in the process by not buying anything else because you won’t have time for them.

But make sure you go for the £28 (with PS+) version.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 10:56.
      • Andrewww
        Since: Jan 2010

Well, I think I leave it for now then. I tend to take my time with games (I’m still playing Fallout 4), so I’ll probably never get anywhere with the game nor with my backlog either.

Is the whizzing around on planets actually worth it? I watched a review which sounded convincing there’s not much to do there and already far too much content without it.

Comment posted on 19/08/2017 at 07:59.