GT Sport Has Three New Trailers, Including One For PlayStation VR

"Next level stuff"

Well here’s something you don’t see everyday, Polyphony Digital saying actual nice things about PlayStation VR! OK,it’s not them exactly Polyphony Digital, it’s winners of the GT Academy, but they do seem to be very impressed with the mode.

The second trailer deals with the advanced matchmaking techniques which “matches players with the same level of skill and sportsmanship together, and the BoP (Balance of Performance) will equalize the performance of the race machines.”

Finally, the third trailer is a little introduction to the game.

Source: YouTube 1/2/3

1. Avenger
    Since: Oct 2012

Thankfully you quoted ‘next level stuff’. Could have been embarrassing otherwise.

I’m hugely skeptical of the advanced matchmaking and player ratings. The beta revealed a very simple system, my local Karting Club’s pro skill rating seems complex in comparison. With only a handful of official tracks too, I’m not feeling the excitement.

I seem to be saying it all the time with GTS now, but I’m happy to be surprised when the day comes.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 15:17.
  2. TrumpyMx
    Since: Nov 2016

You will be disappointed, simply because you have failed to understand the delivery method of this game. GT sport is unlike other games, it’s software as a service, continually evolving and improving the platform. what the game will be today will be very different to what it will be in 3 years.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 15:26.
    • Avenger
      Since: Oct 2012

It really doesn’t matter to me. If it doesn’t grab my attention when I play it, I’ll just go play a load of other racing games which are also coming out. If GTS is a better game in three years, great, I’ll buy back in at a time wben it’ll probably be dirt cheap anyway. I’m not going to stick with a game and be entertained by it’s delivery methods for three years.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 15:40.
      • TrumpyMx
        Since: Nov 2016

Nope, you still don’t get it, buying it later means you won’t get everything that has been released sin e launch. The only people that get that are the people that buy it at launch and evolve with it.

GTS isn’t one thing, is a constantly changing thing, not additive.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 21:30.
      • Avenger
        Since: Oct 2012

What a load of bollocks.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 22:22.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

And that is crap if that is what they are planning. I may be ol’ fashioned but a game should not need to “evolve” over 3 years in order to be the definitive version. It should be ready,complete out of the gate on day one. To me, GT Sports looks like any other game. I’ve not heard of it being advertisied as a service or a MP focused one. It is a very bad business model for them to do as gamers will ditch it if the game is medicore. Look at No Man’s Sky. It’s taken them a year to get(i think) it up to scratch and lost most of it’s userbase because of the initial impressions. GT sports will suffer that if they are planning to do the same thing.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 15:52.
      • TrumpyMx
        Since: Nov 2016

GT gamers are your usual brain-dead FPS type gamers, they have seem similar evolution in GT games, for example seasonal challenges, but GTS takes this much further.

Comment posted on 18/08/2017 at 21:34.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

You do realise that GT Sport is a GT game and that you’ve just called yourself that. Also, that is a load of bull. No-one plays just one game for years aside from MMOS and as far as i’m aware, this ain’t an MMO.And no, a 3 year delivery is a crap system for a single player game. I refuse(and most people are likely to lose interest if the overall product is naff) to wait that long just to see it “Evolve.” Challenges are just the normal way of doing MP nowadays.

Comment posted on 19/08/2017 at 10:33.