Limited Edition Gran Turismo Sport PS4 Console Releases This October

Shiny.

Yesterday Sony teased a hardware related announcement across its social media channels with a short clip showing something covered in a red covering. A couple of you guessed it may have something to do with Gran Turismo, and you were right right. Sony has confirmed that there will be a Gran Turismo Sport limited edition PS4 releasing on October 18th.

The console will have 1TB of storage with the design of it being a mix of silver and black. The faceplate is silver with the GT logo on it, while the controller has a silver front wit the GT logo on the touchpad. Gran Turismo Sport will be available on October 17th in North America, and October 18th in Europe.

Source: PS Blog

1. Avenger
    Since: Oct 2012

Hardly groundbreaking stuff worth teasing, but I suppose they loved the opportunity to stir up the rumour mill.

Sony don’t usually do very well in themed consoles, but I do like this design. My PS4 is tucked away in desk cupboard, so not really worth the effort to buy a themed version to show off.

Comment posted on 22/08/2017 at 14:56.
    • bunimomike

Your comment is laced with cynicism. :-\ They were teasing something and here it is. Did they purport some sort of ground-breaking hardware? Apologies if I haven’t read about that and that’s the case.

Also, love the fact that you’ve also taken the time to say your PS4 is tucked away as a separate chastisement.

Comment posted on 22/08/2017 at 15:14.
      • Avenger
        Since: Oct 2012

I thought the same as what TSA wrote yesterday, usually Sony just announce a themed console, they’re not one to hype and tease unless it’s something new and significant.

If my PS4 was out on my desk I’d buy this as I’m a fan of limited edition consoles, but no point!

Comment posted on 22/08/2017 at 16:44.
      • skibadee
        Since: Oct 2009

Comment posted on 23/08/2017 at 01:36.
      • marco_lorenzo
        Since: May 2017

Your comment is laced with butt-hurt fanboyism. A little less of that please.

Comment posted on 25/08/2017 at 01:32.
    • JR.
      Since: Apr 2013

Trollin’ 9 ‘til 5
      ‘cause my Xbox library’s thinin’
      Barely a game to buy
      Phil’s all talkin’ and no givin’

:’D

Comment posted on 22/08/2017 at 16:27.
      • marco_lorenzo
        Since: May 2017

That’s pretty good. If only all fanboy wars were conducted with rhymes!

Comment posted on 25/08/2017 at 01:33.
    • Andrewww
      Since: Jan 2010

I’m with you there. Teasing a skin of a console is quite lame, especially if they try to get some attention when the One X is about to launch.

Comment posted on 22/08/2017 at 16:55.
  2. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

Yeaaaaah. A GT themed console. Wooo.

Seriously? Of all the themed stuff to do, they just do GT? Minecraftbox may be tacky but it looks more interesting then GTstation. I mean, this edition seems to be rather lazy. Why not an Uncharted themed one as a final farewell(?) to Uncharted or a Horizon Dawn one or something that could be an interesting one. Not GTS.

Comment posted on 22/08/2017 at 15:18.
    • Eldave0
      andUandU

Isn’t Gran Turismo one of Sony’s biggest exclusives? Why not do a themed console to launch alongside the game? :/
      Only bit that doesn’t make sense to me is there isn’t a Pro version.

Comment posted on 22/08/2017 at 15:25.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

True but it seems to be a rather lazy job of it and they could have done so much more. Though, I will admit, it would risk being tacky and well, not really much they can do with GT consoles. Tis odd that Pro isn’t included but I wonder if they are focusing on getting a sizeable Pro collection up first before doing pro themed ones.

Comment posted on 22/08/2017 at 15:42.
      • Eldave0
        andUandU

Personally I like the understated design. The Forza6 Xbox One (complete with awful colour scheme and tacky car noises) is the alternative and, trust me, you don’t want that ;)

Comment posted on 22/08/2017 at 16:44.
      • marco_lorenzo
        Since: May 2017

That’s my biggest issue with this as well. All themed versions from now on should either be Pro only or at least have two versions. As a PS4 owner contemplating getting a Pro, a nicely themed Pro would convince me to buy.

Comment posted on 25/08/2017 at 01:35.
    • Avenger
      Since: Oct 2012

The did do an Uncharted one last year, before the Slim came out. It was okay, definitely nice if you’re a fan.

I think the colours on this GT version are quite nice. I agree it’s hardly exploding with loads of detail, but at least it’s not got loads of ugly patterns on like Destiny 2 and PS football Controllers. It’s a simple and elegant design.

Comment posted on 22/08/2017 at 17:26.
  3. skibadee
    Since: Oct 2009

had a feeling it was something like this really nice looking imo. I would buy it if I needed a new one.

Comment posted on 23/08/2017 at 01:35.