Skyrim VR, Doom VR, And Fallout VR Have Release Dates

Wallets at the ready!

Good news if you are in to VR and have cash to splash, Bethesda have announced the release dates for the special VR versions of their games and they are all out before Christmas. Here are the all important dates.

• Skyrim VR: November 17 for PSVR (PlayStation 4)
  • DOOM VFR: December 1 for PSVR (PlayStation 4), HTC VIVE (PC)
  • Fallout 4 VR: December 12 for HTC VIVE (PC)

Doom VFR does not have a price on Amazon but Skyrim, as reported previously, is full price with no option to upgrade.

Source: Bethesda

1. DividSmythe
    Since: May 2012

Doom VFR is up for preorder on PS store for £19.99. which to me isn’t a bad deal and I might inclined to buy it for the VR part. As in Skyrim bah at the price of that. I’ve bought it three times already and not finished it. I will when I get time to do so.

Comment posted on 23/08/2017 at 17:21.
  2. MrYd
    Since: Mar 2011

Fallout 4 VR is some sort of timed exclusive, or possibly just a case of it’s HTC Vive first and PSVR once they get around to it.

Still need to get myself an expensive hat though. Support for big games like that makes it more tempting. (And if my niece gets decent GCSE results tomorrow, I’m owed one in payment for basically teaching her all of GCSE maths in a fortnight a while back. So who’s doing a good bundle at the moment?)

Comment posted on 23/08/2017 at 17:34.
    • TSBonyman

All we know for certain is that they want to support “all possible” VR platforms. I’d be hopeful that includes PSVR but with people already complaining about frame-rate drops in certain areas of the standard game it might be a bit of a stretch.

Comment posted on 23/08/2017 at 17:45.
      • MrYd
        Since: Mar 2011

It could be worse. If Oculus/Facebook want the games on their VR platform, it’s presumably going to cost them half a billion dollars ;)

What’s a few technical issues compared to that?

Comment posted on 23/08/2017 at 17:57.
    • MrYd
      Since: Mar 2011

And my niece did really well in her GCSEs, so a PSVR is arriving later today for me. What should I be playing that’s actually available now and doesn’t involve buying Skyrim yet again?

Comment posted on 24/08/2017 at 10:51.
      • TSBonyman

Start off with all the free stuff – loads of demos to download and they’ll help you decide. The VR worlds demo actually has a load more demos in it besides the VR Worlds stuff, then there’s Playroom VR which has a few different mini games and there’s lot’s more demos/experiences on the store. Those will probably keep you going for a week or so!

I’ve been enjoying Driveclub, Dirt Rally, Rush of Blood, Mervils and Robinson the Journey so far and have a few more games i haven’t touched yet – Job Sim and The Assembly – but you’ve just missed out on the summer sale.. :/

Comment posted on 24/08/2017 at 15:20.
      • MrYd
        Since: Mar 2011

Yep, it’s a weekend of demos and things I’ve already got that gained VR support.

Hardly even touched the 2 games that game with it (VR Worlds and Farpoint – decent enough bundle in Argos for £340)

And Polybius. It’s a wonderful thing in VR, even if it does risk melting your eyeballs.

Comment posted on 24/08/2017 at 19:08.
  3. Crazy_Del

Awesome so looking forward to Doom and Fallout as I have the Vault pip arm wrist thingy (V.A.T.S) it’ll feel almost real xD
    But how does it work are they with Move controllers or can we use the Aim Controller?

Comment posted on 23/08/2017 at 17:49.
  4. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

If we start seeing Pheriphal exclusives, that is utter bullshit. That said, Fallout and Skyrim VR look meh. No fully rendered first person models, standard floaty stuff. It’s not like the game is hard to do in first person. Is it hard to render a full player model?

Is Character Creation even in these?! if so, kinda pointless if the darn thing is locked to first person.

I wonder if VR will take the entire crashing aspects further and literally crash the user instead? Can’t get any more real then being killed by a game that crashed.

Too far? Perhaps but well, it’s VR and i wanted to make a crashing joke.

Comment posted on 23/08/2017 at 20:19.