Compact And Mini PS4 Controllers Revealed By Hori, Nacon, And @Play

Officially licensed.

Nacon, Hori, and @Play will each be releasing some new controllers for PS4 this winter with all three designs officially licensed by Sony. The thing with these controllers is that they’re compact so much more manageable for those who can’t quite get to to grips with the standard sized PS4 controllers. Each of the producers revealed designs for the compact controllers today.

First up is the Nacon Wired Compact controller which you can see in the image below.

The Nacon controller has all the features you would expect from a PS4 controller including the touchpad and headset jack. It differs though as there is also an LED display that can show health status or player number. The wired itself is 3 metres long amd has smaller grips than the regular controller. The Nacon pad will be released in Novembers.

Next up is the @Play Wired Compact controller, again which you can see below.

As you can see the d-pad looks to be more concave while the analogue sticks are closer together. Again it features all the regular things you’ll find on the PS4 controller. @Play’s pad will be released in December.

Finally we have HORI’s version of a mini PS4 controller, and it has gone for the retro look.

This controller is the most compact of them all and is the definition of mini. The touchpad has been replaced with a touch button while the analogue sticks will make up for the touch based gestures. Again this also has a 3 metre wire. The Hori controller is set to be released on November 6th.

Source: PS Blog

Read more: # # #
  1. tonyyeb
    Since: Aug 2010

All wired? Why?

Comment posted on 12/10/2017 at 09:27.
  2. tactical20

Bizarre. Wireless is pretty much the first thing I’d look for in a controller.

Comment posted on 12/10/2017 at 09:40.
  3. Sad Panda

Given the battery life of the DS4. I’ve gone back to a wired pad. The Razer one is spot on for me.

Kept a single dualshock for VR games.

Comment posted on 12/10/2017 at 09:53.
    • freezebug2

I’m so used to playing with the DS4 wired for charge that I regularly forget it is in fact a wireless peripheral, battery life is way below par in comparison to the trusty old DS3’s!

Comment posted on 12/10/2017 at 14:42.
  4. Crazy_Del

I believe wired is the best way to go because playing Fifa wireless my passing and or timed tackles don’t trigger as soon as when I pressed the button and this was wireless controller on the Xbox 1
    Played another matche wired (had to charge my controller) my tackles were well perfectly timed!
    So it’s either that or Fifa is still scripted lol I’ll never know.

Comment posted on 12/10/2017 at 11:55.
    • wonkey-willy
      Since: Jan 2010

Interesting points there.
      I have issues with my xbone controller and call of duty where there is a massive input output lag even when plugged in.(always plugged in I’m too tight to buy batteries)
      Yet playing call of duty on the ps4 I do not have any issues wired or wireless.
      I think it might just be down to the pad on the xobne?

Comment posted on 12/10/2017 at 12:07.
      • Crazy_Del

Probably….. still very strange!

Comment posted on 12/10/2017 at 14:32.