An "Extremely High Percentage" Of Destiny 2 Players Have Reached The Level Cap

305

Destiny 2 is a marked improvement over it’s predecessor in terms of single player content with plenty of missions and adventures to help you level up. You only really need to do the Raid and Nightfall Strikes to get the last fifteen or so Light to reach the level cap of 305.

Destiny 2 Director Luke Smith spoke to Edge magazine and revealed that many players have already reached the cap.

There have been some pleasant surprises, but there are some that ask you to be introspective about them, too. An extremely high percentage of players have both finished the campaign and reached the level cap. Like, a shocking number of players. I think that’s a really interesting data point, and the team should be really proud of that. It means that, when people enter the world, they’re sticking around.

I think one of the things we’ve got to make sure we’re doing right is, if you play it for 80-90 hours, are you happy with where you got your character to? And where’s new stuff for you to do, are you interested in coming back?

If your character is at the level cap then their isn’t much incentive to keep playing unless their is a weapon or piece of armour you really want, so how will Bungie keep players engaged until the first big expansion pack?

Source: WCCFTech

1. Kevling

The question is, when he says Level Cap, does he mean, hit Level 20, or hit the Power Level cap of 305. Mentioning level cap in the same breath as finishing the campaign sounds like the former rather than the latter.

Comment posted on 16/10/2017 at 15:56.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

He does mention playing for 80-90 hours so presumable he means the light level, you can reach level 20 in a matter of hours.

Comment posted on 16/10/2017 at 16:14.
    • Tony Cawley
      Pint! Pint!

Yep, I’d agree with you, he would’ve said power cap otherwise. I’m pretty sure he means they’ve reached level 20,as opposed to 305 power.

Comment posted on 16/10/2017 at 16:24.
  2. Avenger
    Since: Oct 2012

In any case, I’m reaching 305 and will probably be there by the end of the week. After that, there isn’t much left really. I agree with people saying the end game need tweaking a bit.

Comment posted on 16/10/2017 at 16:49.
  3. Sad Panda

I’ve been 305 for ages now, in my opinion Bungee have dropped the ball as I have no reason to play anymore. Vanilla Destiny had me coming back for more and by the time Crota came out I was running a minimum 6 raids per week, more if my mates needed a 6th just to help out.

I’m already bored with D2, I’ve already hit the cap, have the meta crucible weapons and the exotics.

In making the game more accessible, they have crippled the endgame content. I’m genuinely gutted as I had 2000 hours plus in D1.

Comment posted on 16/10/2017 at 16:51.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

I can see that is annoying, but for those people with no friends (like me), being able to level up considerably without Nightfalls and multiple Raid run throughs has been great.

Unfortunately they cant really balance the game for both, presumably the idea is that end game content is easier to patch in with expansions and patches than content for the start of the game.

Comment posted on 16/10/2017 at 16:54.
19 hours ago