Black Friday: The EU PlayStation Store Sale Goes Live For PS Plus Subscribers

Black Tuesday?

Black Friday can be a great time to do some early Christmas shopping, but that’s less true on places like the PlayStation Store where you can’t gift games, let alone hold something back until the right time. It kind of make it just a tad more selfish feeling, but then again, there’s something about this most capitalist of shopping holidays.

Anyway, it might be Tuesday, but the EU PlayStation Store’s Black Friday sale is now live, so long as you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber. You wouldn’t have to queue up for discounts anyway – it’s a digital shop after all – but those on PS+ get a head start, while everyone else has to wait until a minute past midnight on… Thursday.

There’s some pretty good offers actually, such as GT Sport for £24.99, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy for £14.99, the Battlefield 1 Revolution bundle for £27.49, Wolfenstein II for £24.99. Head to the store to see all the prices, or scroll down because we’ve filled in a lot of the blank spaces left by the EU PS Blog.

In addition to all the sales below, you can pick up a year of PlayStation Plus for £37.49, bringing it back down to around the price it was before it was raised at the end of August.

PS4

PSVR

PS3/Vita

PS Vita

1. Tony Cawley
    Pint! Pint!

I could easily spend over a hundred quid on this, probably even 200. I really can’t justify that though with Christmas just around the corner so instead I think I’m just going to get the witcher 3, can’t really not get it at that price can I?

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 07:41.
    • leeroye
      Since: May 2012

Thats a bargain, you will easily put 100 hours + into that game with all the DLC too.

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 08:08.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

I’m struggling to stop myself spending £70 right now, these are some really good deals! GT Sport is the standout offer for me so I’ll probably try to be good and just get that.

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 08:12.
  2. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

Knack II for £14.99 is a steal. Excellent game. Much better than the first.

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 08:29.
  3. tonyyeb
    Since: Aug 2010

I’m getting really lazy in my old age. Traded in GT Sport with Cex for £23, got a £25 PSN card from CD Keys for just short of £23, bought GT Sport in the PSN sale… All because I can’t be arsed changing the disc in my PS4.

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 10:02.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

I’ve done similar too.

It’s now got to the stage of whether I’m going to be playing the multiplayer part of a game a lot – that justifies whether I buy it on disc or pay the extra and buy it digitally.

Good single player campaign (poor or no online) = Disc
      Good online multiplayer = Digital

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 14:03.
      • tonyyeb
        Since: Aug 2010

Yeah that sounds like my rule. I started doing it with Vita games as I have a huge memory card. Did it with WRC, Killzone etc… then when I got my PS4 kept up the habit.

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 14:38.
  4. MrYd
    Since: Mar 2011

I’m getting the feeling that some of those offers are good indicators of “games that’ll be available all over the place for less after christmas”, so I’ll avoid some of them.

NieR:Automata is tempting me though. And I might just pick up the Battlefield 1 “premium” thing for £12.

And for VR, Battlezone at that price? Might just get my money.

Also, any VR people need Star Trek Bridge Crew. Put more hours into that than just about anything else this year. One of those things that’s just perfect for VR. You don’t need to worry about having friends to play with, as random people are just as much fun.

Ooh, just noticed Sniper Elite 4 for a bargain price too.

Is an acceptable answer to “what would you like for christmas?” really “Just give me some PSN credit now and I’ll sort it, won’t play until christmas, honest”?

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 10:04.
    • Stefan L
      Community Team

Well, there’ll be the Christmas sales which are going to duplicate a lot of these prices, if not knock a few a touch lower…

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 11:16.
      • MrYd
        Since: Mar 2011

My money’s on some of those offers being the same or cheaper in the January sale.

There’s some good deals there on some quite new things, but it’s some of the older stuff that people should be going for, really. Any repeats of the deals on the older games aren’t going to be much cheaper.

Destiny 2 is also significantly cheaper everywhere else. Even Game.

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 11:27.
    • matthangzhou
      Since: Sep 2010

Yeah I’m definitely in this camp.

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 17:39.
  5. TSBonyman

Some very tempting deals there – but my backlog says no.

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 10:39.
  6. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Why is The Last of Us never on sale?

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 10:52.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

It is, but on PS3 :P £6 though, definitely worth the money and the effort of unpacking the old PS3.

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 11:22.
      • MrYd
        Since: Mar 2011

The remastered version has also been on sale many times. Down to £12.49 at the start of October, £11.99 back in March, and a couple of other times this year.

Comment posted on 21/11/2017 at 11:40.