[UPDATE] Square Enix Announce A New Tomb Raider Game For 2018

Lara returns

Square Enix are “taking a new approach” with the next Tomb Raider game, starting by announcing the game with a Tweet using plain text rather than video or big reveal. They say they are “Putting their fans first” and there won’t be a big gap between the game being announced and everyone being able to play it.

The ‘major event’ sounds like E3, and if they keep their promise the game should follow shortly on from the show in June.

UPDATE: The first letter of each sentence spells out the word “shadow”, around a year ago someone spotted a person using a laptop on a subway with images relating to “Shadow of the Tomb Raider” and that name has also cropped up a number of other times in the past year.

Source: Twitter

1. BossHog
    Since: Sep 2017

Like when they put fans first by taking a huge bribe from Microsoft to delay the PS4 version of the last game…

Don’t make me laugh. SE are on my and many other peoples no-buy list. Must hurt that PS4 has nearly 3x the Xbox userbase. Not such a wise move now huh??

Comment posted on 07/12/2017 at 17:45.
    • JR.
      Since: Apr 2013

Me either. I’ll never forgive them for it and i’ll never buy another Tomb Raider game (or any other game) being developed/published by Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix – I’ll buy pre-owned like I did the last game. It was a huge slap in the face to all the PlayStation/Tomb Raider fans as far as I’m concerned and I hope they paid for it dearly. The Tomb Raider name will survive even if CD/SE don’t.

Comment posted on 07/12/2017 at 17:58.
  2. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

I’m wondering if this “New Approach” is a Hitman style episodic thing.

Comment posted on 07/12/2017 at 18:06.
  3. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

Looking forward to this, when it finally comes out on PS4, I liked the previous two games. Couldn’t be bothered less about timed exclusivity, got more than enough to play in the meantime.

Comment posted on 07/12/2017 at 19:57.
  4. Starman
    Since: Jul 2011

Awesome. Loved the last two and I’m guessing being the final part of the trilogy that this will see “proper Lara” as she completes her journey to becoming the Lara we know.

Comment posted on 08/12/2017 at 18:14.
  5. Severn2j

I loved the first game, but the second one took me over a year and a half to play through it, I got bored half way through and only recently went back to it. I actually only finished it last night.

Not sure if I care for a new one.

Comment posted on 10/12/2017 at 12:20.