Assassin's Creed Rogue Is Being Remastered For PS4 And Xbox One

Surprise release

Ubisoft have announced Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered, a shiny new update of the game from 2014.

It will be available on March 20th, 2018, for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and will include all of the downloadable content from the original game, two bonus missions The Armor of Sir Gunn Quest and The Siege of Fort de Sable, as well as the Master Templar and Explorer packs,which include Bayek’s legacy outfit from Assassin’s Creed Origins.

Assassin’s Creed Rogue tells the unique story of Shay Patrick Cormac, a fearless young member of the Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, who undergoes a dark transformation from an Assassin to a grim and committed Templar who hunts down his former brothers. Players’ journeys will take them from beautiful New York City to the Wild River Valley and icy cold waters of the North Atlantic.

Rogue was created for last gen consoles around the same time that Assassin’s Creed Unity was released for PS4 and Xbox One. It also came to PC which explains why Ubisoft can port it over to the newer consoles. You can read our preview of the original game here.

Source: Press release / YouTube

1. tactical20

That’s the news I was waiting for!

Comment posted on 11/01/2018 at 18:15.
  2. Jake Durasamy
    Since: Jun 2016

This would have a been a great way to bring AC to Switch, but happy to play on PS4. It’s the one AC game I haven’t played. I’ve heard great things about it too.

Comment posted on 11/01/2018 at 18:15.
  3. Mick939

Awesome game! Can’t wait to play a next gen version

Comment posted on 11/01/2018 at 21:26.
  4. Crazy_Del

Ha I just posted this in Triple A games xD I must read/check before posting…. ah well now we know ^^

Comment posted on 11/01/2018 at 22:27.
  5. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

JR sure is going to be happy about this. Remember to rub it in MrYd’s face, he didn’t believe you!!

Comment posted on 12/01/2018 at 09:10.
    • MrYd
      Since: Mar 2011

Nobody’s allowed to rub anything in my face!

And it wasn’t that I didn’t believe it. I was basing my comments on the fact that I’d not heard anything about it, and Ubisoft had previously asked people if they’d want to see Rogue or the Ezio games remastered. I was assuming that meant they wanted to know “which would you like?” rather than “which would you like first?”

Although they were asking that before Syndicate sales suffered from the unfair criticism of Unity and they decided to stop doing them yearly.

They’re going to unexpectedly announce a whole new game for late this year now, aren’t they? Or do something else weird. A sequel to AC Oranges featuring 90% chariot races? (A mini-game that somehow manages to be about 4000 times as awful as the tower defence bit in whichever of the Ezio games that was in. I try to forget about that)

Comment posted on 12/01/2018 at 10:28.
  6. Dominic Leighton
    Since: Mar 2012

Missed out on this – and I love Black Flag – so this is more of the same? Ish?

Comment posted on 12/01/2018 at 16:17.
    • MrYd
      Since: Mar 2011

Pretty much. Somewhere between a big expansion for Black Flag and a full AC game.

Not to say it’s not a full game, just a bit smaller than normal. Still plenty of game there. A quick look at trophy guides for the 2 suggests “36-50 hours” for Black Flag, and “26-50” for Rogue (with most people saying Rogue is around “26-35”)

Probably around 1/2 to 2/3 of a Black Flag. Being remastered for the PS4 might improve it too, so it could end up going from “more of the same, almost as good” to “better than Black Flag”. Playing it on the PS3 after BF on the PS4 wasn’t an ideal experience.

Comment posted on 12/01/2018 at 18:22.