Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Be Released October 26th, Say Rockstar

Get ready.

Rockstar Games has confirmed the release date for the anticipated Red Dead Redemption 2, with the game set to be released on October 26th. The company has apologised for the delay but has stated more time is needed to polish the game up. Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on PS4 and Xbox One. Along with the date some new screenshots were released which you can view below.

Source: Rockstar

1. zb100

Looks stunning!

Comment posted on 01/02/2018 at 17:11.
  2. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

Boo! :(

Comment posted on 01/02/2018 at 18:51.
    • bunimomike

Not a fan of the 26th of October?

Comment posted on 01/02/2018 at 19:53.
      • gazzagb
        Master of speling mitakse

It just means that it will be another 6 months-to-a-year before we see the PC release

Comment posted on 02/02/2018 at 10:51.
      • bunimomike

Ah, right. Don’t want it on the PS4, fella?

Comment posted on 02/02/2018 at 11:53.
      • gazzagb
        Master of speling mitakse

I hardly touch my PS4, it’s been a glorified streaming device for about 3 years now. It’s a shame as I feel I’ve missed out on bits of this gen. I’m stuck in a rut of “I don’t buy PS4 games because I don’t have PS+, and then I don’t buy PS+ because I don’t have any games to play”. Plus the games are so damn expensive!

Comment posted on 02/02/2018 at 17:14.
      • marco_lorenzo
        Since: May 2017

Get Horizon. Don’t need PS+ and it’s just stunning. I finally picked it up on sale and just can’t stop playing it.

Comment posted on 05/02/2018 at 05:50.
  3. tactical20

267 days…

Comment posted on 01/02/2018 at 18:52.
  4. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

Phew, plenty of time to tackle the first game then! Shame it’s still such a long way away but we all know that Rockstar will make it worth the wait. Yeehaw.

Comment posted on 01/02/2018 at 19:48.
  5. MrYd
    Since: Mar 2011

Unless it gets delayed again, I’d suggest anyone else planning on releasing anything late this year puts that off until 2019.

Also, they’d better do DLC for it. And single player DLC too. Although most of the DLC for the last game was for the MP part of it, and the weird success of the terrible online stuff in GTA5 suggests that probably won’t happen.

It’ll turn out alright in the end, I’m sure. Game of the year possibly? Game of the generation?

Comment posted on 01/02/2018 at 19:57.
    • JR.
      Since: Apr 2013

I’d love to see them do a KKK DLC. You could play as some black dude being hunted by members of the KKK. I suppose it’s pretty relevant at the minute too. They could even do the whole ‘wife is murdered revenge plot’. Imagine being chased by hooded, torch bearing fools on horseback? Pretty terrifying. You could make alliances with the decent folk, who help you take out the Klan from within – exacting bloody Justice in an epic showdown. If anyone can do it with the respect it requires, Rockstar can.

Comment posted on 01/02/2018 at 22:08.
  6. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

Can’t wait – RDR was sooo good. Trying to limit my exposure so I don’t get too hyped.

Comment posted on 01/02/2018 at 22:09.
  7. fragster
    Since: Feb 2016

Can’t wait for this. Must admit I’m not a huge GTA fan but I loved RDR.

Comment posted on 02/02/2018 at 14:48.